The Finance Automation Security team is looking for a passionate, innovative, and results oriented Security Engineer. In Finance Automation, we build technology to simplify and automate the processes Amazon uses to manage its financial relationships with external parties. We are passionate about building systems and services that deliver a seamless and transparent finance experience for Amazon partners. We are responsible for building the systems that automate and orchestrate the services, analytics, and financial transactions that supports Amazon customers and vendors worldwide. We build, operate, and scale systems that are responsible for billions of dollars in transactions, and are central to the success of worldwide finance. If you're interested in securing the next generation of financial, distributed, and directed work systems that supports Amazon scale, and want to have a direct and immediate impact with customers, this job is for you.
We are seeking experienced Security Engineers to secure critical Amazon financial applications and infrastructure used by hundreds of millions of customers every day. A strong candidate will have experience with designing and building secure, distributed systems that operate globally. They will deliver secure solutions leveraging the most advanced capabilities of AWS, and automate security tooling using modern security techniques. They will have experience in securing services build on AWS, and be responsible for the architecture, design and implementation that will provide availability, and latency guarantees. Finally, they will be leaders on the team, and will raise the security bar for the organization by mentoring and interviewing next generation of security engineers, both within and beyond your team.
• At least 3 years of experience in a development or security role working with development team(s) that delivered commercial software or software-based services
• Experience with service-oriented architectures and web services security
• Hands-on experience with security processes such as design review, threat modeling, risk analysis, and software testing
• Working knowledge of at-least one of the following languages Python, Ruby, Java, or C/C++
• BA/BS in computer science, information security, related discipline, or equivalent work experience
• Experience architecting, securing, and operating Amazon Web Services
• Excellent leadership, teamwork and collaboration skills
• Results-oriented and self-motivated
• Effective teacher and instructor, with experience developing and delivering training to security, technical, and business professionals
• Excellent written communication skills, with a focus on translating technically complex security issues into simple, easy to understand concepts for business and technical leadership
• Information security professional certifications encouraged (SANS GIAC, CISSP, etc.)
• Experience in generating automated metrics to measure IT security effectiveness and consistency
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Valid through: 11/19/2021