Alltech is an award winning provider of IT services with nationwide project capabilities. Since 1994, Alltech’s focus on quality support to the Federal Government and Government Integrators has led it to become a leader in the Federal Services marketplace.
Alltech is seeking a Security Engineer to join our team in Hanover, MD.
Security Clearance: Active TS/SCI & FULL SCOPE POLY is Required!
The Information Systems Security Engineer shall perform, or review, technical security assessments of computing environments to identify points of vulnerability, non-compliance with established Information Assurance (IA) standards and regulations, and recommend mitigation strategies.
- Validates and verifies system security requirements definitions and analysis and establishes system security designs.
- Designs, develops, implements and/or integrates IA and security systems and system components including those for networking, computing, and enclave environments to include those with multiple enclaves and with differing data protection/classification requirements.
- Builds IA into systems deployed to operational environments.
- Assists architects and systems developers in the identification and implementation of appropriate information security functionality to ensure uniform application of Agency security policy and enterprise solutions.
- Supports the building of securityarchitectures.
- Enforce the design and implementation of trusted relations among external systems and architectures.
- Assesses and mitigates system securitythreats/risks throughout the program life cycle.
- Contributes to the security planning, assessment, risk analysis, risk management, certification and awareness activities for system and networking operations.
- Reviews certification and accreditation (C&A) documentation, providing feedback on completeness and compliance of its content.
- Applies system security engineering expertise in one or more of the following to: system security design process; engineering life cycle; information domain; cross domain solutions; commercial off-the-shelf and government off-the-shelf cryptography; identification; authentication; and authorization; system integration; risk management; intrusion detection; contingency planning; incident handling; configuration control; change management; auditing; certification and accreditation process; principles of IA (confidentiality, integrity, non-repudiation, availability, and access control); and security testing.
- Supportsecurity authorization activities in compliance with NSA/CSS Information System Certification and Accreditation (NISCAP) and DoD Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (DIACAP) process, the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) process, and prescribed NSA/CSS business processes for security engineering
- Seven (7) years experience as an ISSE on programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity within the Federal Government is required.
- Certification: CISSP or CASP
- Hands on Linux OS at the administration level
- Intrusion Detection systems
- Experience as the primary security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of secure networking, computing, and enclave environments
- Experience as the primary security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation, evaluation, and/or integration of IA architectures, systems, or system components
- Experiencesupporting the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures
- Experienceapplying knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop, and implement secure networking, computing and enclave environments
- Experiencesupporting security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management
- Experience identifying overall security requirements for the proper handling of Government data
- Experience interacting with the customer and other project team members