Cloud Lake Technology, LLC an Akima Company, is an industry leading Technology and Mission Services provider, delivering experience-driven and cost-optimized solutions for complex business problems for our customers across the federal, commercial and public sector markets. We are seeking candidates with relevant IT security subject matter expertise, high aptitude, drive for excellence, and zeal for service, who wish to grow with one of the fastest growing companies in the industry.
Cloud Lake has a fantastic opportunity for a Security Engineer to join a dynamic team to help further the mission of a federal law enforcement program. This five-person team works in a space dedicated to this project and maintains all aspects of the IT equipment there. This is the only position on the team dedicated to Information Security. Each team member works in multiple roles during the workweek including Systems Administrator tasks such as building servers or performing upgrades to the special built project workstations.
- Responsible for providing IT Information Security expertise to a Federal Law Enforcement program.
- Shared on-call response to security issues and general system administration.
- Build and deploy servers and troubleshoot any issues with the servers, the network or any other cybersecurity risks.
- Window Server Update Services (WSUS) administration.
- System Log review and audit log management.
- Integration of systems with Big Fix.
- Analysis and remediation of findings from Splunk.
- Leveraging Digital Guardian for data loss prevention.
- WSUS update administration.
- Implement and integrate vulnerability tools enterprise wide. This is including but not limited to IBM Bigfix, Splunk, Mcafee, and Malwarebytes.
- Application of STIGS and remediating the results.
- Analysis and remediation of any overall findings.
- An Active DoD Secret Clearance, ability to obtain Top Secret.
- Ability to pass a Federal Government background investigation to obtain a DEA Clearance.
- Experience must include the development and or modification of complex information technology or automated communication communications systems.
- Six (6) years' experience in assisting the development and monitoring of policies and procedures related to IT security best practices.
- Four (4) years' security experience, help desk, design, system security administration, database security administration or similar security experience.
- Must be familiar with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) publications that define computer security and cyber incident handling.
- Able to detect, prevent and respond to denial or service and intrusion attacks.
- Familiar with configuration management policies and procedures.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a computer security policy that meets the federal government requirements.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Experience with scripting for post remediation fixes.
- BS in IT field or related experience.
- One of the following certifications is preferred: Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Authorization Professional (CAP), CompTIA Security+, Certified Information System Security Processional (CISSP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or CompTIA Network+.