$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
Farmington, CT 06032
Industry: Telecommunications & Hardware•
8 - 10 years
Posted 61 days ago
We have an exciting Security Consulting Systems Engineer role open in our Global Security Sales Organization! You will be a highly motivated, entrepreneurial-minded sales professional who has a real passion for delivering elite technology and services that protect our customers from the network to the endpoint to the Cloud. As part of your DNA, you are a bold, self-starter with the ability to build executive relationships, develop and execute sales strategies and tactics that maximize Cisco's opportunity within the customer environment, position and promote the partner and customer value proposition for Cisco's Security Architecture, articulate Cisco's product and business strategies, and build the demand that makes deals happen!
• Serve as the subject matter authority in Cisco Security Solutions
• Provide mentorship and assist account teams within the territory in building solutions to address specific customer security needs
• Work with technology experts to help them position Cisco's security solutions effectively against competing offerings.
• Provide specific solution/technology/product consulting, technical and sales support for major account opportunities
• Understand business requirements for customer base and be able to translate them into technical requirements
• Understand and articulate Cisco's architectures and services within Security technologies
• Craft, present and document technical solutions
• Perform in-depth and high-level technical presentations for customers, partners and prospects
• Drive identified major account opportunities (i.e.
• technical consulting, upper level management presentations, and Cisco technology solutions) while allowing local account team to maintain long-term ownership
In this role as Security Consulting Systems Engineer, you will provide guidance and assist account teams with in the territory in building solutions to address specific customer security needs. In this position you will be working with technology experts to help them position Cisco's security solutions effectively against opposing offerings.
• Minimum 7+ years of technical sales or pre-sales experience with 5+ years in Security specialization experience with Email Security, IDS/IPS, AV, Firewall, Advanced Malware Protection technologies
• BS/BA (EE/CS) or equivalent highly preferred
• Pre-sales experience required
• Successful quota achievement
• Consistent track record or managing and winning technical and high value IT security projects
• Experience of administering Unix/Linux systems, low-layer (packet-level) IP networking and have a thorough understanding of network security
• Solid presentation and social skills
• Commercial awareness and interpersonal skills
• Highly motivated self-starter that does not need day-to-day management
• Desirable experience including press experience, delivering training courses, prior experience with Cisco/Sourcefire security technologies, experience with programming languages such as UNIX shell, Perl or C
Valid Through: 2019-9-13