The security consulting position will provide consulting services to technology solution projects globally. The security consulting service is fundamental to protecting the company applications and technologies to achieve secure business outcomes and protect company information and assets. The incumbent, with guidance from the security consulting Manager, will engage with and influence business and technology project teams to identify, evaluate, design, and implement technology solutions that are secure. The incumbent will also assist in steering the business in making risk-based decisions based on risk tolerance, potential impact, cost, and mitigating controls. The position is an individual contributor role that engages with cross functional internal colleagues and external partners and reports to the Manager, Security Consulting and be located in Groton, CT or Collegeville, PA.
- Provides security representation to business and technology solution projects in support of the security consultancy services to ensure secure outcomes. Implements innovative and advanced new concepts to solve business problems securely.
- Presents recommendations and decisions to security consulting organization to support delivering secure outcomes based on company standards for solutions
- Performs detailed analysis, provide recommendations around architecture and risk mitigation
- Engages on multiple, concurrent projects meeting project timelines and delivering on expectations
- Liaisons with other Global Information Security colleagues as appropriate to support project goals and initiatives.
- Conducts market research including new trends, security vendors and solutions, and understanding the ever-evolving security landscape.
- Partners with the business in the mass adoption of cloud services solutions with a focus on ensuring appropriate security controls and mitigations are in place
- Participates and contributes in security related organizations and groups to further engage the security consulting organization
- Maintains awareness of industry trends and emerging technologies including web services, mobile, isolated architectures, databases security, and IoT
- BS in Computer Sciences, Computer Information Systems, or related field.
- 4-6 years information and cybersecurity related experience
- 2-3 years educating and influencing internal and external stakeholders
- CISSP, CCSK or AWS/Azure certifications preferred
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Strong understanding of cloud services and solutions, operating systems, network protocols, virtualization, and application development
- Strong understanding of industry frameworks and best practices: Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), NIST, SANS, CIS
- Ability to take technical cybersecurity issues and present material to non-technical audiences while motivating action and influencing decisions
- Ability to work with teams independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is critical to delivering timely outcomes.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Standard work schedule, 10% domestic travel, and occasional international travel