Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 55 days ago
Secureworks (SCWX-NASDAQ) is a global leader in intelligence-driven information security solutions. We help organizations confidently pursue business goals in a digitally-connected world. Consistently recognized by industry analysts and readers’ polls, we are one of the best in the world at understanding and anticipating threat behavior. We see 250 billion events every day across 4400 clients in more than 55 countries, and our solutions work across all the layers of a client’s security environment, including 330 different vendor technologies. Join a talented, dedicated, and diverse team of researchers, analysts, engineers, consultants and business professionals who are focused 100% on protecting our clients from cyber threats. We seek out the brightest minds and empower our teams with the tools and supportthey need to fight the bad guys and maintain our company’s leadership in the cyber security industry.
Uniquely positioned to adapt as the industry evolves, we are also proud to be part of the Dell Technologies family. We enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages, and reward and recognize our employees for exceptional results. A constant focus on continued learning and growth keeps our team members engaged and excited about “what’s next.” We offer flexible work options when available, and emphasize the importance of work-life balance. We know that when our people are rewarded, recognized, and rejuvenated, we win as a team.
A Security Center Operations Analyst works directly with global client base from Secureworks security operations center answering inbound phone calls and client emails. An Analyst prepares and implements changes on network security devices such as Firewalls, Intrusion Detection Systems, and other Unix/Linux based platforms. This position provides intermediate to advanced level troubleshooting support to our customer base for devices managed and monitored by Secureworks. Applicants must possess attention to detail, excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills and great customer service abilities.
- Interpret and implement customer change requests on managed security device platforms, primarily firewalls.
- Meet service level agreements related to device change implementation.
- Remotely access and manage devices at various global customer locations from a security operations center.
-Work a shift based schedule in a security operations environment which may include working one weekend day.
- Answer and authenticate inbound calls and emails from technical clients (Network Administrators/Application Owners), create tickets for all assigned work, and address client requests and issues.
- Support activating new client accounts through the provisioning/installation of firewalls or IDS/IDP devices depending your platform expertise
- Well-spoken and articulate, confidence in explaining technical matters
- Ability to communicate technical details in a clear, understandable manner
- Excellent problem solving skills and keen ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
- Technical aptitude and interest related to networking, Internet, and computer technologies
- Handle escalations from first level technicians and provide basic mentoring to newer employees
- Manage or directly work on projects, assignments, or initiatives assigned by management
- Participate in regular classroom, small group, or one on one training related to technologies and platforms supported by Secureworks or specific operational process and procedure
- Dedication to client service
- Passion for learning and growing technical abilities
(Shifts are typically Sun-Thurs or Tues-Sat)
- 4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience: undergraduate degree and 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Hands on experience with one or more of the following firewall platforms or technologies:
Check Point, Cisco ASA/PIX, Juniper/Netscreen, SonicWall, Palo Alto or Fortinet.
- Intermediate to advanced level of Linux experience including system administration and CLI
- Familiarity with basic scripting or programming such as: PERL, BASH, MySQL, PH
- Exceptional attention to detail especially related to the creation and modification of device configurations
- Fundamental understanding of basic network principles related to TCP/IP
- Interest in working evening or overnight shifts (4pm-12:30am Eastern) or (12am-8:30am eastern)
- One or more vendor certifications for enterprise level security platforms such as CCENT, CCSA, CSSA
- Non-vendor specific certifications such as Linux+, Security+, CISSP, Network+ or SANS/GIAC Certifications (GCFW, GCIA, and GCIH)
Job ID: R73858