Security Assurance Specialist - ALP001IOUS-GA-AlpharettaJoin our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance,Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, BrandMarketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge andRisk Management. With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EYexperience lasts a lifetime.
The Information Security Assurance Team Specialist is responsible for coordinating and supporting all client and regulatory inquiries and activities regarding EY’s information security governance program. The role specifically provides technical knowledge and analysis of information assurance, to include applications; operating systems; Internet and Intranet; physical security e.g. access control and perimeter protection; networks; risk assessment; critical infrastructure continuity and contingency planning; emergency preparedness; security awareness and training.
- Contributes to the development, implementation and maintenance of client security assurance function.
- Provide written and/or verbal recommendations for procedural changes for management review.
- Act as a lead contact with engagement teams to translate EY’s global information security expectations and work towards technical security solutions as appropriate.
- Support client and engagement team security assessment inquiries about EY’s Global Information Security Program
- Identify opportunities and execute plans to improve security assurance workflow and understand and quantify business impact of those improvements for communication to management.
- Work independently with minimal oversight from management.
- Proactively identify potential information security problem areas and implement solutions.
Knowledge, skills and experience requirements:
- Strategic skills to develop a long-term vision for the firms Security Assurance function.
- Ability to appropriately balance firm security needs with business impact & benefit.
- Skilled in executive level presentations and briefings
- Experience managing the communication to clients in relation to our information security governance program.
- An overall understanding of the business objectives of Service Lines and CBS departments
- Ability to team well with others to facilitate and enhance the understanding & compliance to security policies.
- Knowledge of information securitytechnologies (i.e. firewalls, IDS/IPS, DMZ, access controls, penetration testing, risk and vulnerability assessment, investigative techniques, authentication systems).
Qualifications, certifications and education requirements:
- An advanced degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Six or more years of experience in the IT roles.
- Understanding of regulatory and data privacy concerns globally
- Certified Information Systems Security Processional (CISSP) or GIAC certification preferred.