What you’ll be doing...
As a full-time member of the Verizon Enterprise Services security team, the Security Assurance Resident Executive will be responsible for overseeing, monitoring, maturing, and coordinating the security delivery aspects for one of Verizon’s key customers. The role is exclusively client facing and requires the following primary skills: knowledge of the business and offering, risk management, relationship management, communication skills.
In addition, the Security Assurance Resident Executive will function as the primary technical liaison for Security Services and coordinates activities, resources and deliverables provided by the service delivery teams and ensures that Services are being delivered as agreed.
The Security Assurance Resident Executive needs to:
- Supervise the security components of the Customer engagement, and ensure successful delivery of the roles and contractual commitments within the engagement.
- Develop, deploy and maintain a new Security Assurance service model with a unique set of requirements for the Customer’s environment, providing input and recommendations.
- Drive timely delivery of services and reports for the Security Assurance component of the Customer engagement.
- Act as a facilitator for liaising between Verizon’s security functions and the customer, and act as a trusted security advisor to varying levels of stakeholders at Customer.
- Provide security consulting oversight and strategic advisory for the customer engagement by helping the Customer improve their overall cybersecurity posture and reduce their cyberrisk.
- Gather, analyze, understand and apply contextual and business information supporting the security delivery component of the Customer engagement.
- Work with Customer and Verizon stakeholders to contribute to open actions and bring them to a close as needed.
- Ensure proactive and actionable notifications are delivered to the Customer within specified timeframes and reported as completed by due date.
- Drive innovation meetings with Customer stakeholders to discuss emerging threats, new services, technology improvements, and design maturation.
- Liaise and cultivate relationships with Customer stakeholders to identify and reset expectations where appropriate, and adjust expectations within the confines of the existing engagements should changes in business requirements, threatlandscape or other similar requirements so dictate.
- Review and prepare digestible, actionable and timely information to hierarchical management and Customer stakeholders through recurring reporting, including but not limited to executive summaries, detailed activity reports, slide decks, presentations and the like.
- Lead and participate in presentations to Customer stakeholders, including management and executives, on information security topics and on-going engagement activities.
- Participate in meetings with other Verizon Security Stakeholders, Sales teams, and Contract Governance management on a regular basis to review on-going issues, interaction points, activities and challenges for Customer.
Strong ability to articulate the actual cybersecurity and business risk along with good report writing and client presentation skills are a must. The willingness to travel and a strong ability to learn new technologies and methodologies are required.
What we’re looking for...
Required Skills, Experience, and Education:
- This position requires 7+ years of recent experience in Information and/or Cyber Security, preferably in a lead consulting, advisory or leadership role.
- Familiarity with SecurityTechnologies (e.g., SIEM, firewalls/routers, proxies, endpoint security, privileged ID management and DLP).
- Strong networking skills (e.g. TCP/IP, LAN/WAN, network topologies, routing protocols and remote access methods).
- Industry security certification(s) such as CISSP, SANS, CISA, CISM required
- Previous experience working with external clients in a Professional Services type organization with consulting experience in the Governance, Risk, and Compliance area preferably in the energy sector
- Extensive client management experience strongly preferred
- Detailed oriented and composed in challenging situations
- Strong verbal, analytical, and written communication skills required
- Demonstrable presentation skills
- Experience working in dynamic and fast paced environments
- Candidate should be able to work independently and interdependently as required
- Ability to travel as necessary
- Previous consulting experience with one of the Big 5 a plus
- ManagedSecurity Services and Professional Security Services background would be considered an advantage