The Security Architect will support the risk management program and related processes across all aspects of the business. Responsibilities include working with other IT personnel to gather business requirements, design and implement new architectures, and review standards for current and future security issues applicable to internal systems, managed services care and support teams, and external customers. This position will maintain securityarchitecture standards which will include evaluating new security technologies, understand their use cases, and justifying the value of the technologies for all lines of business. This position will keep up-to-date with the latest technology breaches, viruses, malware, and changes in regulatory standards that impact information security. You will provide expert escalation support to our managed customer support teams.
- Acquire a complete understanding of a company’s technology, information systems, and print solutions in use and offered to customers. Identify integration issues within the approved technology solutions.
- Plan, research, and design robust securityarchitecture standards to be used internally and by presales engineering teams.
- Research security standards, security systems, and authentication protocols.
- Perform risk analysis, vulnerability testing, and security assessments to identify any security issues that could lead to lost or stolen data.
- Monitor current security alerts to patch software such as operating systems with the latest versions.
- Develop and maintain configuration standards for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, multifunction print devices, and related network devices.
- Evaluate, design, and audit the use public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures, privilege management systems, single sign-on solutions, and data loss prevention systems.
- Review and approve supported architecture(s) for the installation of firewall, VPN, routers, IDS scanning technologies, and servers for Marco Managed customers.
- Provide technical guidance to other customer care and support teams.
- Respond immediately to security-related incidents, provide a thorough post-event analysis, and work withlaw enforcement and vendors to manage securitythreats.
- Test security solutions and architectures to ensure they behave as expected for all lines of business including managed technology and print solutions.
- Participate and assist with administration of security awareness programs and educational efforts.
- Accurately maintain and comply with documentation and administrative procedures in a timely basis to include time entry process.
- Attend required company and departmental meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, related field required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Information Security Analysis or Management required.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
CCIE Security, CISSP, CEH, CISM, CISA or similar industry recognized certifications desired.