Cox Communications is looking for a Security Architect who will report to the Director, Security Architecture and Privacy. This individual will enable key business initiatives by partnering with cross-functional project teams and providing guidance on security and privacy requirements. The Security Architect is involved with a product from concept to completion and will ensure that the architecture supports the goals of the business and aligns with security and privacy standards. This individual will also assist with governance of security and privacy requirements and standards including identification of new security solutions to improve product delivery.
Successful candidates will demonstrate strong business acumen and possess a blend of general business, technology and security competencies. Specifically, this individual will have a versatile background, critical thinking and analytical capabilities, as well as a proven ability to bridge organizational boundaries to implement security controls and risk mitigation strategies.
Primary Responsibilities / Tasks:
- Promotes security and privacy by design through effective partnership with product, strategy and engineering teams.
- Works closely with product teams to fully understand business priorities of the function and alignment with the overall corporation.
- Ensures products are secure through participation in all phases of product engineering, from requirements gathering to design, then implementation, followed by verification testing and regression testing.
- Provide security and privacy design, implementation and testing guidance to product teams.
- Works with product and engineering teams to review, manage, and track security vulnerabilities, remediation efforts, and ongoing vulnerability testing.
- Lead cost-risk tradeoff discussions with the product teams, helping to decide how important and at what increased cost each security requirement/functionality can be justifiably added in the product.
- Identifies, proposes, and influences product selection and delivery, negotiates security deliverables and requirements with product teams and vendors.
- Identifies security trends and changes and relates those changes to current and future needs of the product teams.
- Promotes security as a business enabler by integrating into the product engineering lifecycle and ensuring development and growth of the business.
- Establish functional strategic goals for improving security and privacy operations, solutions and services. Initiate and direct activity aligned with achieving improvement goals.
- 5+ years of experience working in security architecture, operations, design, or development across multiple security domains.
- Working knowledge of application architecture including security best practices.
- Working knowledge of network security concepts including firewalls, IDS/IPS, and WAFs.
- Working knowledge of encryption concepts and implementation methods.
- Working knowledge of Identity and Access Management concepts and technologies.
- BS/BA in a related discipline (i.e., Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, etc.); and/or 5 years of experience in related field.
- Experience with cloud security solutions including AWS, GCP, and Azure.
- Experience with Public Key Infrastructure deployments and associated services.
- Experience with mobile device security solutions and BYOD strategies.
- Big four consulting background or Fortune 500 company experience.
- Telecom/Cable industry experiences a plus.
- At least one relevant industry certification – CISSP, CISM, CISA.