Security and Computer Forensics Investigator - Case Control Officer - Mid Level
• Receive, vet, evaluate, deconflict, refer, and track insider threat, workplace violence, crisis, and other incidents; conduct inquiries into insider threat and other events; provide written reports or referrals to other investigative offices or entities; and perform other duties as assigned.
• Intake, evaluate, vet, and refer incoming insider threat, workplace violence and crisis (WV&C), and related complaints and referrals for possible inquiry or investigation.
• Respond to Insider threat complaints and referrals.
• Assist the Threat Management Team in responding to WV&C complaints and referrals, when needed.
• Conduct investigative-sufficient inquiries and investigations into insider threat, WV&C, and related incidents.
• Operate the Case Management System (CMS), and provide cradle-to-grave tracking, de-confliction, coordination, disposition, and case closure for all insider threat, WV&C, and related complaints, referrals, inquiries, and investigations within the Agency.
• Operate the Insider Threat Hotline.
• Generate timely and accurate memorandums and/or reports on metrics, system usage, complaint evaluations, reports of inquiry or investigation, and other reports as required.
• Brief Branch Chiefs, management, and other officials on inquiries, investigations, and special projects, as needed.
• Identify gaps in the program, processes, and capabilities; recommend solutions to address those gaps.
• Work closely with administrative and investigative partners, other Divisions, and other personnel assigned to accomplish the mission.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Shall have at least the 7 years of IC or investigations experience in the following areas:
o Detecting, recognizing, coordinating, and investigating foreign threats, insider threats, criminal activities, workplace violence, crises, personnel security issues, and/or similar matters
o Coordinating investigations or inquiries across Federal and/or State agencies
o Using data analytics tools and databases (e.g. analyst notebook, etc.)
o Developing and delivering professional-level reports, memorandums, information, briefings, and/or recommendations that support inquiries and investigations of insider threats, workplace violence, crisis incidents, CI, and/or LE matters
• Demonstrated successful implementation of Government security requirements
• Successful graduation from FLETC, DCITA, JCITA, DoD, other US Federal Government, IC, State, or local formal law enforcement training courses or programs
Security Clearance: TS
Special Access / Access Eligibility: SCI
Polygraph: Willing to take CI poly
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Desired
Experience: 7 years of experience
Additional Qualifications Desired:
• Possess a Bachelor’s degree in a business, computer science, counterintelligence, criminal justice, engineering, fraud investigations, information technology, mathematics, or a scientific field