This candidate will be responsible for the continued design, development, implementation and engineering support for an internally developed security data warehouse and data analytics platform. This position includes responsibilities for technical system administration, configuration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, software deployment and maintenance needed to support the security platform.
- Provide ongoing maintenance and enhancements to existing systems, and participate in new and going-forward architecturesecurity solution.
- Perform maintenance and support of the current deployed tools and databases needed for security platform.
- Participate in design and implementation of big data applications using a variety of different technologies.
- Maintain and support data pipelines using Apache Kafka/Zookeeper in a cluster environment.
- Collaborate hands-on development and implementation tasks with Big Datadevelopers and BI technology platforms and technologies including Hadoop and Vertica.
- Partner with internal HPE teams such as Cyber Defense Center, Vulnerability/Patch Management, Advanced Threat Detection, and others with the intention of collecting and sharing applicable datasets and driving improvements in operational security.
- Maintain and support current scanning infrastructure and tools for the enterprise.
- Partner with internal HPE Cyber Security team or IT team on data integration, governess and compliance
- Learn our business domain and technologyinfrastructure quickly and share your knowledge freely and proactively with others in the team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 7 years of related experience or a Master’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Working knowledge and experience of IT environment and operating systems especially Microsoft Windows Servers and Linux operating system.
- Operational experience in hardware and software troubleshooting in server, cloud or similar environment.
- Good understanding of relational data model and SQL.
- Good understanding of networking (TCP/IP)
- Scriptingexperience is desired.
- Understanding of security principles and good knowledge of cybersecuritytechnologies.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with shell scripting (bash, perl, python)
- Experience in relational databases with MSSQL, MySQL, MariaDB, or others
- Working in a large data environment using Big Datatechnologies
- Experience with a columnar data store.
Job ID 1010577