Salary depends on experience
Posted on 11/08/17 by Pushkar Prabhudesai
Rangam Consultants Inc.
5 - 7 years experience
Salary depends on experience
Posted on 11/08/17 Pushkar Prabhudesai
- This role has responsibility to provide strategic Technical advice and consultation regarding overall security design of internal IT Infrastructure, security solutions in Cloud, as well as proprietary Medical devices.
- The IT Security Architect provides expertise in policy, security, and documentation solution and design for IT infrastructure and integration projects, including IT Security compliance analysis and IT Audit preparedness.
- Are responsible for existing security design of Abbott’s systems and applications.
- The security architect works with the application and technical specialists during the design phase in what and how their applications, appliances and/or solutions should be secured or mitigated against risk.
- Aligns cybersecurity with the business needs and objectives.
- Consults on major systems strategies and implementations.
- Defines specific infrastructure requirements to comply with internal policies and regulatory requirements.
- Develops and maintains tools and processes for vulnerability scanning, results interpretation and remediation.
- Performs ethical hacking activities to test security posture of target devices.
- Leads system vulnerability testing, code review, and overall risk assessment activities.
- Provides technical consultation and direction for infrastructure tool design, architecture and system performance, and evolving technologies. ·.
- Plans and implements new security systems by evaluating network and securitytechnologies. developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices. designs public key infrastructures (PKIs), including use of certification authorities (CAs) and digital signatures as well as hardware and software. adhering to industry standards.
- Designs security models. reviews and approves security configurations and installation of firewall, VPN, routers, IDS scanning technologies and servers.
- Enhances security team accomplishments and competence by planning delivery of solutions. answering technical and procedural questions for less experienced team members. teaching improved processes. mentoring team members.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards. participating in educational opportunities. reading professional publications.
- Maintaining personal networks. participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field Desirable certifications include CISSP, CEH, SANS/GIAC
- At least 5 year’s experience specifically devoted to IT Security providing IT Security architect role. ·Strong analytical skills and deep subject matter expertise across various platforms.
- Deep cybersecurity expertise to be credible to organization when making recommendations and driving change.
- Oral and written communication skills with the ability to present and discuss technical information in a way that's understandable for non-technical audiences.
- Ability to lead technical project teams that cross business functions.