Security AnalystDescriptionPOSITION PROFILE
This position provides direct support to the business and IT staff for security related issues. Responsible for analyzing and developing appropriate information security practices across the enterprise and assisting in the development and implementation of security policies and procedures. Represents the security needs of the organization by providing expertise and assistance in all projects as needed with regard to security issues. This role is primarily focused on operational security administration.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with limited supervision and oversees the installation, configuration and maintenance of Security related information systems.
- Monitors and advises on information security issues related to the systems and workflow to ensure the internal security controls for the business are appropriate and operating as intended.
- Serves as a team member for projects / programs within a defined area of responsibility and/or on a cross-functional team.
- Supports day-to-day administration of various security related infrastructure solutions including Firewalls, VPN, LAN / WAN equipment, Anti-Virus, Encryption and related services.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network and security problems.
- Prepares status reports on security matters to develop security risk analysis scenarios and response procedures.
- Resolves security related and assigned SecureWorks and ServiceNow tickets; Proactively assesses potential items of risk and opportunities of vulnerability in the network.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive documentation for all implemented networks.
- Configures, implements, tests, and maintains Anti-Virus, IDS and related services.
- Coordinates and executes security projects.
- Coordinates response to information security incidents.
- Assists with the development and publishing of Information Security policies, procedures, standards and guidelines based on knowledge of best practices and compliance requirements.
- Collaborates with IT management, the Law department, Safety and Security, and law enforcement agencies, as appropriate, to manage security vulnerabilities.
- Conducts security research to stay abreast of current security issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Requires technical degree, certification or equivalent experience.
- Requires 4-6 years total experience with combined IT and security work. This should include a broad range of exposure to systems analysis, application development, and/or database design/administration.
- Requires 1-2 years of experience with information security.
- Requires knowledge of security issues, technique and implications across existing computer systems.
- Experience with the following solutions\technologies is preferred: Cisco ACS/ISE, Cisco IOS, Radius, VPN, Encryption, Palo Alto firewalls and Trend Micro Systems security solutions.