Mathematica Policy Research is dedicated to improving public well-being by bringing the highest standards of quality, objectivity, and excellence to bear on information and analysis for our partners and clients. The company has been at the forefront of design and assessment of public policies and programs since 1968. Our analytic solutions have yielded actionable information to guide decisions in wide-ranging policy areas, from health, education, early childhood, and family support to nutrition, employment, disability, and international development. As one of the foremost public policy research organizations in the United States, Mathematica Policy Research is a leader health care research, quality measures, and performance improvement services to federal agencies.
Currently, Mathematica is seeking a Security/Program Analyst to be based in our Princeton, NJ or Washington, DC office, who will apply their expertise in delivering security and privacy program analysis and client security services.
- 3+ years of experience in information security and privacy analysis and compliance for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid delivery models.
- Federal government security experience a plus.
- Providing public sector consulting services including IT security and privacy analysis, program analysis, and operational support.
- Research and summarize prevailing security standards, guidelines, and best practices, including NIST, FISMA, and OMB Circulars for applicability to IT systems security.
- Assist in preparations for security-related training and evaluations of information technology systems.
- Assist in developing and reviewing security authorization documentation such as security plans, risk assessments, and security control test reports, contingency plans, and responses to third-party questionnaires and audits.
- Excellent tactful and diplomatic communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to convey complex security and privacy concepts to varied audiences in verbal and written formats.
- Collaborative mindset to work within in a highly matrixed organization as a security analyst among other analysts and technologists.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast-paced, multidisciplinary team setting.
- Customer service and sense of urgency orientation in execution of job responsibilities.
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, cybersecurity, business or other relevant discipline. Will consider a combination of education and skills developed through progressively responsible positions in consulting, technology or security compliance roles.
- CISSP, CAP, CISM, Security+ or other relevant security industry certification desirable.
- Amazon Web Services and/or other cloud security certification desirable.