The Security Analyst is responsible for cyber security investigations and incident handling, andwill perform security threat analysis of malware, phishing, and web attacks. Additionally you will work with other security teams and various internal teams to contain, remediate and escalate security incidents. Make recommendations to knowledge based platforms, playbooks and assist with identifying operational areas of improvement.Responsibilities:
- Conduct security monitoring, analysis and notification of events within the security event platform to ensure threats are identified and escalated accordingly.
- Manage intake of incidents and reports from internal customers, using the internal ticketing system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Identify and triage security incidents such as Malware, Phishing and Web Attacks is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science or Information Security or other relevant domain and 5+ years’ experience in an IT support function (Helpdesk, IT support with responsibilities related to Network Security or Desktop Security and related appliances)
- Completion of relevant Security or Technical certifications including CompTIA, CCNA, GCIH, GREM, GCIA and CISSP is preferred.
- Knowledge or experience with Cyber Incident Management programs.
- Enterprise Incident Response or Security Operations Center experience is preferred
- Programming/scripting experience.
- Unix/Linux and Windows System Administration experience.
- Security Systems Administration experience including IDS/IPS, Antivirus, SIEM, Firewalls & Logging, and Web Proxy.
- Malware, Network, Web, and Forensic analysis experience.
- Understanding of the Cyber Kill Chain, APT TTP and Threat Intelligence.
- Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to details.
- Ability to prioritize activities based on shifting schedules and demands.
- An approach to work that includes initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy and discretion.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills within a complex IT environment.
- Ability to work independently on a variety of assignments with minimal supervision.