Televerde helps global B2B organizations generate demand and accelerate sales through a combination of strategic data solutions, marketing technology and highly skilled sales professionals. Since inception in 1994, Televerde has been a purpose-driven company providing training, education and career opportunities for incarcerated women both while in prison and after release. Using this business model, Televerde has generated more than $8 billion in revenue for its clients. To learn more, visit https: www.televerde.com.
The Security Analyst I, role is primarily focused on overseeing multiple facets of our security and data privacy commitments and obligations to our customers. The Security Analyst I will work with our Sales, Service Desk and Infrastructure teams to identify and solve security related concerns, and to document and communicate risks. This position consults and partners withinternal technical services, marketing program services, department of corrections partners and global privacy counsel to verify and enforce compliance with all data security and privacy laws.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Performs user account administration, maintenance, monitoring creation user terminations.
- Assists in auditing and documenting information security policies and procedures.
- Monitor and audit user activity and trends to insure proper use in detecting security violations.
- Assists in providing information security training to employees, contractors, and other third parties.
- Processing service requests and incident tickets within the Service Desk team.
- Validates that Televerde systems, backup systems, controls and processes provide effective risk mitigation and implement plans to correct gaps.
- Provides oversight and ownership for intrusion detection and response.
- Performs random auditing for call center compliance with department of corrections standards. Identify and recommend technology changes to improve detection and prevention of security issues
- Helps respond to presales and existing clients request for information about Televerde’s Security and data usage and privacy controls
- Manages and maintains information security & privacy certifications for Televerde.
- Monitors and communicates changes in laws, regulatory and 3rd party requirements that may impact Televerde.
- Acts as a Compliance Advisor for new business opportunities.
- Performs Risk Analysis and communicates risk related to compliance requirements
- Develops, distributes and maintains Compliance Program process documentation
- Reviews contracts for compliance with regulations.
- Job duties: 50% IT Security / 25% Data Privacy and Compliance / 25% IT Service Desk
Education and Experience
- 3 or more years of experience in Information Technology.
- 2 or more years of experience in Data Privacy & Security, or Compliance Program Management.
- Previous Help Desk or Service Desk experiencerequired
- Preferred: Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science and/or security related certifications (ie: CISSP, CIPM, CIPP, CIPT).
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- High-energy team player with a positive attitude under pressure
- Ability to effectively express (through writing or spoken word) ideas and information to internal and external stakeholders using language that is appropriate to both the complexity of the topic and the knowledge and understanding of the audience
- Ability to build strong relationships, gaining credibility and partnering with clients, internal customers, business leaders and peers
- Able to clearly articulate security findings and recommendations to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong process and process-improvement orientation.
- Ability to organize, prioritize or schedule multiple tasks in a deadline-driven environment; ability to develop realistic action plans while being sensitive to time constraints and resource availability.
- Proficient in Windows environment management and administration, including Desktop and Server operating systems.
- Skilled in use of computer software application programs including Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and PowerPoint.
- Familiar with process-oriented IT management systems such as ITIL, MS Operations Framework or ISO 20000.
- Familiar with governance, risk management, and security frameworks such as COBIT. CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIPP certifications.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- This position is located in Televerde’s Corporate Office. This position requires constant communication and interaction with all parties involved with customer campaigns by phone and in person. Some out of state travel may be necessary.
- Essential physical requirements of this job include:
- Ability to move wrists, hands, and/or fingers in a repetitive motion.
- Ability to continuously stand, walk, reach, kneel, bend, stoop, push/pull, and sit.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Communicating effectively with employees, vendors, and clients.
- Continuously working at a desk and computer
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- (This job description is not meant to be all-inclusive of the duties and responsibilities of the job and may change at any time without notice.)