Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it “faster to field” than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Security Advisor is responsible for all functions associated with the role of site security, including but not limited to personnel, physical, operations, and communications security disciplines. This is a government client site job. Due to the sensitive nature of the work, the position is not eligible for remote work opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the positive control of all classified accountable items, ensuring that Oceaneering is compliant with contractual security obligations identified in the contract security classification specification (DD Form 254).
- Provide oversight and guidance to the assigned workforce.
- May supervise junior security officers.
- Coordinate with contract field locations as applicable.
- Prepare and develop materials to support facility security audits as required.
- Maintain general security education in the following areas: foreign travel, defensive security, courier briefings and other ongoing training as needed.
- Implement and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Maintain DD Form 254 files for all classified contracts and prepares DD Form 254 for subcontractors as required.
- May provide oversight and direct guidance to subcontractor security organizations.
- Facilitate personnel requests for security clearance and support the acquisition process as needed.
- Process all incoming and outgoing visitor clearance/access certifications for both collateral and program cleared visitors.
- Take the lead role in ensuring compliance with information systems security requirements. May interface with customer I/T counterparts to facilitate system approvals.
- Advise Oceaneering Management on implementation of physical security measures required to safeguard personnel and prevent unauthorized access to equipment, facilities, and materials.
- Provide secure movement of official classified or unclassified contract materials. Track and maintain the chain of custody on all accountable packages, parcels, and equipment being transported in support of contract requirements.
- Frequent travel may be required (up to 25%).
- Other duties as assigned by the Security Manager.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- This position has supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Security Manager.
- BS/BA degree in a related field (e.g. Criminal Justice/Criminal Law, Homeland Security, Business Administration) preferred. Equivalent work experience in a related career or Military Occupational Specialty may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum five years of security officer experience required.
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) requirements. RMF Training beneficial.
- Working knowledge and experience implementing:
- Department of Defense (DoD) National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM)
- Relevant Intelligence Community Directives (ICDs)
- DoD 5105.21-M-1
- Communications Security (COMSEC) policy guidance
- Joint Air Force-Army-Navy (JAFAN) Manual 6/0
- Technical writing skills.
- Top Secret (TS) security clearance with investigation conducted within the past five years.
- Successful completion of a CI polygraph to support contract requirements as needed.
- Current U.S. passport.
- Must be a U.S. citizen who is not a dual citizen of any other country.