The Security Administrator is responsible for all personnel security program and procedural requirements ensuring all employees complete appropriate governmental background checks in accordance to policy, procedure and timelines. May assist in securityrisk assessments, incidents and awareness as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for ensuring the company meets all personnel security program responsibilities and procedural requirements for investigations, suitability adjudications, and security clearance determinations set forth by applicable government agency
- Partners with Human Resources to determine position risk and sensitivity levels by reviewing position descriptions and utilizing applicable government designation tools
- Ensures all new/temporary employees in designated positions follow the background investigation policy and process adhering to established timelines
- Partner with external Personnel Security Program Manager on compliance with policy and programs
- May participate in the performance of site facility surveys. securityrisk assessments, business continuity plans, emergency response plans, and othersecurity related activities
- Assist with coordination and communication of emergency preparedness programs as needed
- Assist Security Officer with security assessments, incidents, and awareness as needed
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work collaboratively both internally and externally
- Knowledge of government background investigation process
- Excellent customer service and follow through skills
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
QTC Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Detail Oriented:Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player:Works well as a member of a group
Dedicated:Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Self-Starter:Inspired to perform without outside help
Goal Completion:Inspired to perform well by the completion of tasks
Job Security:Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Growth Opportunities:Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibility
Flexibility:Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goals
Bachelors or better.
3-6 years:Professional experience preferably supporting the Veterans Administration or other Civil Government Agencies processing handling Public Trust and personnel security requirements.