Administers, advises and assures compliance with security instructions and procedures in accordance with DoD and/or DoE guidelines. Routinely interacts with government agencies and industry partners relative to all security matters and contract compliance.
- Manage, maintain and use JPAS/Government's personnel security clearance database including review and submission of e-QIP packages and periodic re-investigations.
- Develop, maintain currency, publish and teach annual SETA and initial security education.
- Work with the Security Manager/FSO, coworkers and Customer security representatives ensuring compliance with Customer security directives and contract requirements.
- Initiate and review the SAP nomination (SAPNP) process and/or SCI nomination packages as necessary and coordinate with the customer security office as needed for package submission.
- Responsible for timely support/management of security responsibilities concerning the new hire process/new hire screening and coordination with Recruiting.
- Screen and process badging and access support to Company and subcontractor personnel, vendors, and visitors at customer/company site(s), to include foreign nationals.
- Ensure adherence to Customer instructions for generation, transfer, storage, accountability and handling of classified materials.
- Process and authorize key and lock requests, in coordination with contract key custodians and customer locksmith, to include periodic key audits.
- Assist with planning and coordinating security services and related functions including the implementation of security programs to ensure maximum utilization and understanding within the facility.
- Coordinate with the responsible Company Security Manager/FSO and coworkers to ensure DSS Facility Clearance requirements are met and maintained.
- Responsible for operation and maintenance of security equipment, alarms, and access control systems.
- Maintain security proposal library, draft/edit/review security/proposal verbiage in preparation for proposal submittal.
- Participate on proposal development team as needed.
- Assist with and conduct classification reviews as required.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Most positions involve work typical of office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting with occasional use of computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines.
Associates Degree or equivalent combination of formal academic/technical training. Possess 5 years of DoD security experience or combination of civilian law enforcement security and related administrative experience. Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret security clearance. Must have or be able to obtain DSS FSO certification for possessing facility. Requires operating application software including word-processing and spreadsheet programs. Position may require travel.