Securities and Settlements Project Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Legal Services
Financial Regulatory Project Manager (PMP) with JD or MBA and Legal Experience
Will consider candidates who are moving to the area, but our company will not pay for relocation.
The primary goal of this position is to successfully manage relationships with assigned key clients and to provide oversight for their projects. Direct management of a project team may be required, as well as the oversight of class action Project Managers. You will have managed a large cross-functional dedicated team and have core communications at the executive level working directly with the executive sponsor to ensure the operational and client services groups are achieving deliverables.
Additionally, your financial regulatory background will help you support regulatory matters involving US government projects. You will have run a PMO (Project Management Office) before and be used to making quick decisions with confidence while delegating projects and tasks. You can be very “hands on” but your confidence talking to stakeholders and high level executives, and strong sense of responsibility to lead and team through execution will determine your success in this unique role.
Qualifications & Characteristics:
- A Juris Doctorate (JD) degree or other advanced degree (MBA) along with substantial work experience post-law school (8 or more years) OR
- A STRONG Financial regulatory background AND
- Previous Project Management Office (PMO) leadership experience
- Substantial client-facing experience and exposure to legal issues and lawyers
Duties will include:
- Project Management
- Business Development Support, including travel and in-person meetings, as a subject-matter expert (SME)
- Expert testimony
- Coordination across multiple business units
- Analysis of legal and regulatory documents
- Advice and guidance to assigned clients
- Leadership of project teams
- Development of and stewardship to estimates, plans and budgets
- Responding to RFPs or RFIs in private or public sectors
The Project Director must have all of the following key skill sets:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to establish and maintain productive client relationships and to provide effective consultation
- Sharp analytical skills to comprehend quickly and interpret legal documents, claims substantiation, and claimant representations
- Provide guidance on how to handle specific types of claims or applications for restitution funds in accordance with the intent of the Court, Settlement or regulations.
- Effective project management approaches to develop overall project plans and milestones, steward results, draft budgets, coordinate work from multiple business units, and deliver to the high standard of excellence expected by our clients.
- Leadership and supervisory skills to guide our internal Project Managers in handling complex situations and delivering quality results.
- Capable of balancing competing priorities
- Ability to work independently, while effectively taking direction from a senior Epiq executive.
- Adaptability to changing work priorities and client demands
- Ability to juggle resources to meet project goals