Secure Interfaces and Power Field Applications Engineer (FAE)
As a Field Application Engineer, you’ll be one of the key players in the Customer Application Support team and part of a worldwide technical community providing premium pre and post-sales technical support to NXP customers and their projects. You drive demand creation and design-in activity at customer sites in close cooperation with the NXP business lines; you provide technical skills & support to NXP’s sales staff and will liaise with the NXP technical community about technical issues and future roadmap of your customer(s). We rely on you to deliver the NXP value message in a persuasive and accurate manner to increase our market share.
Secure Interfaces & Power (Analog) Field Applications Engineer - drive design wins inclusive of analog power delivery, management and analog signal Interface product portfolio. Identify opportunities, recommend appropriate solutions leveraging the SIP product family, and resolve any SIP product issues that may arise in the customer's system.
• 100% Accountable to drive design wins in their target accounts
• Leads proof of concept, solution design and demonstrations to secure NXP solution’s design-in
• Synthesizes customer and competitive insights to improve product definition and roadmaps
• Project manages the NXP design in campaigns for assigned customers to ensure early involvement in the customer’s technology roadmap and continuous and timely flow of information to all necessary parties within the BL and customer
• Qualifies sales opportunities in terms of customer technical requirements and establishes NXP's value proposition/position relative to the competition
• Qualifies the value of NXP's products (strengths versus competitive products) and quantifies the technical benefits derived from choosing NXP
• Owns the block diagram process to ensure broader technical team understands the full system requirements
• Delivers ongoing formal and informal knowledge sharing and product positioning that helps assigned accounts understand the operational, financial, and business impact of NXP solutions within their practice areas
• Successfully builds relationships with sales team members, business lines, partners and customers in support of sales team objectives
• Assists in educating Field Sales Engineers on new technologies, new product features and their related business value
- Manage projects on both detailed technical and high-level abstraction levels
- Masters the fundamental mechanics of the sales call
- Ability to influence and communicate the value of NXP’s products, based on inspiration, motivation and product expertise
- Flexible; adapts to plans easily when circumstances change
- Is aware of cultural differences and adapts his/her behavior accordingly
- Feels challenged by initiating and driving innovations
- Comfortable working in a target driven environment/working with revenue targets, raising the bar to meet (quarterly) targets and enhance the company’s market share
- High level of integrity, credibility, tenacity and commitment to excellence
- Curious about target customer needs, competitor technology, the eco system and next generation technologies
- Builds a reputation to being the go-to person for regional and business line teams to create opportunities to win and problem solve
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in ElectricalEngineering
- 8+ years of Field Application Engineeringexperience in the semiconductor industry
- Experienced in working at customer-sites for debug and technical support
- Proven track record of RFPs / RFIs / RFQs / proposals worked on and won
- Willing to travel domestically up to 25%
- Experienced in providing technical training to sales staff
- Proven track record of quickly learning new technologies
- Develop system level understanding of target end-applications.
Mandatory and specific technical expertise
- The candidate will be the go to FAE in the Pacific Northwest and Rockies regions supporting the Secure Interfaces & Power business line. These products include power conversion & management ICs, high speed interface & signal management ICs (signal integrity, USB Type C, level translators, signal switches/mux), I2C bus enablers, bus peripherals and security authentication ICs.
- In this role, the candidate will need to have demonstrated hands-on experience in at least two of the following technologies: USB Type C solutions, high speed interfaces, load switches, signal integrity, voltage level translators, I2C devices, power management.
- Willingness to engage with customers in both pre-sales and post-salessupport, and a proven successful track record in both.
- Ability to read, understand and review schematics and provide design recommendations.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Strong customer presence.
- Understands principles of analogcircuit design
- Demonstrated knowledge in interfaces like PCIe, SATA, USB3, 3.1, DisplayPort, HDMI etc.
- Expert in I2C, SPI and UART interfaces.
- Familiarity with computing, consumer electronics and networking architectures preferred