Lake Mary, FL
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
11 - 15 years
Posted 69 days ago
Provides both technical and administrative supervision to the section so as to ensure that technical, administrative, direct labor, and schedule targets of the section are met in accordance with applicable professional standards, design control procedures, company procedures, and technical design guides. Section revenue normally does not exceed $1.5 million per year.
- Supervise the preparation of feasibility studies, traffic forecasts, traffic capacity and operations analysis, traffic impact analysis reports, signal design, signal timing, signal systems, ITS design, highway signing & marking and other related traffic engineering work.
- Successful pursuit and project management of ITS projects, including ITS design, municipal traffic signal system design, ITS Operations, and ITS Planning.
- Coaching and mentoring of project team members.
- Participate in strategic planning and business development activities to support achievement of ITS/Traffic Section growth goals.
- Design highway and traffic signal systems, environmental sensors and speed detection systems
- Design signing, pavement marketing and traffic signal installations.
- Support planning activities such as assisting in the development of feasibility studies, assessments, concept of operations documents, procurement documents such as requests for proposal for ITS/toll systems and operations
- Support ITS/toll system implementation including support for oversight of design, testing, installation
- Support project control activities related to ITS/toll technology projects
- Prepare information for or in response to client presentations and meetings, including support for development of planning materials such as agendas and/or documentation such as meeting minutes
- Lead project analyst type of work supporting ITS/toll project budgets (internal or for client), project status, and general support, reporting results to Director or designees as assigned by Director
- Review design documents, and material submittals for Freeway ITS, Advanced Traffic Management Systems (ATMS) and Managed Lanes projects.
- Participate in the design and implementation of Traffic Management Centers (TMC)
- Remain current on existing and emerging technologies affecting FDOT projects and make solid recommendations based on value and technology maturity.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
11 years relevant experience
- PE, Registered by the State of Florida
- IMSA Signal Tech Level 2
- Experience and relationships within FDOT
- Master’s Degree a plus
- Traffic engineering software is preferred (Synchro, SimTraffic, HCS, SIDRA, VISSIM)
- Design software is preferred (AutoCAD, MicroStation)
General Work Conditions
Combination Office and Field Environment: Most work is performed in an office environment in which there is only minimal exposure to potentially unpleasant working conditions. Incumbent must have the ability to stand and sit frequently and reach horizontally as well as vertically for overhead use. Work may infrequently be performed at client’s job site,construction trailer, and in the field. Work may sometimes require working in inclement weather, working in aconstruction site, being exposed to heavyconstruction equipment and doing extensive walking. Adherence to applicable safety protocol isrequired.
HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Job ID 0518-18445