This position is responsible for the leadership of Kansas City based Desk Side Support staff, while participating as an active contributer to assigned tasks. Areas of responsibility include general roles supporting IT for Burns & McDonnell and specific roles relative to the Desk Side Support Section, including the following, with other duties as assigned by senior management.
· Serve as Incident Manager for Incidents escalated to assigned support queues
- Identify and coordinate resolution of Major Incidents as defined by Incident Management processes
- Coordinate and ensure timely delivery of new equipment for new employees, contractors, and interns
- Coordinate and support timely execution of assigned computer hardware refresh projects
- Support or lead portions of department meetings; organize and lead section meetings.
- Coordinate with other Department section managers and the Department Manager.
- Demonstrate creativity, foresight and judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
- Determine departmental objectives and requirements, organize projects and develop standards and guidelines.
- Recommend changes in the Desk Side Support Section and/or the IT Department structure and organization to achieve the objectives assigned to them.
- Attend project meetings when requested by division.
- Advance and develop Department tools and work flows to increase efficiency of designs, specification development, and project execution.
- Provide administrative, supervisory and technical direction for Desk Side Support Section personnel
- Set quality review assignments and perform quality reviews for Desk Side Support related projects and processes.
- Establish or review budgets and schedules for Desk Side Support related proposals.
- Monitor progress on Desk Side Support related projects, and processes, and provide input into areas of concern and direction or redirection to enhance achievement of project schedules, productivity goals, budgets, and quality.
- Monitor and maintain development staffing levels, staffing loading, and staffing assignments to meet support requirements.
- Recruitment, development, training and retention of Desk Side Support Section personnel.
- Participate in IT Incident Management processes via phone, e-mail, and video.
- Provide after hours support as second level contact.
All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or a related field. Applicable years of experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Minimum 7 years related professional experience in Information Technolgy support.
- Must have experience in IT support.