$100K — $200K *
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration – to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
Information Systems and Cyber Division (ISCD) staff couple the latest in information system technologies, such as elastic compute clouds, containerization, microservices, real-time operating systems, and visualization frameworks, with expertise in cyber security, software architecture, software engineering, process improvement, and software development to deliver responsive, resilient, high-performance software intensive systems to our IC, DoD, and civilian customers.
The Visualization and Immersive Technologies Department (VITD) develops a wide variety of visualization applications using commercial UI frameworks and game engines to support civil, commercial, and national security space systems. VITD works with organizations seeking solutions for orbit visualization and planning, and many other facets of space and ground systems.
What You’ll Be Doing
• Serve as the manager of the Advanced Visualization and Mobile Development Section, assist the Dept. Director in managing the department’s portfolio of projects
• Overall planning, execution, and success of complex technical projects
• Effectively communicate with cross functional teams and manage multiple projects with different priorities
• Define and execute against project plans and commitments; manage the day-to-day activities of the software development team
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with a demonstrated hands-on approach
• Mentor and empower section staff. Grow and develop talent
• Support the department mission of fostering a positive work culture that drives engagement from staff
• Looking for individuals who can bring innovation, strategic thinking, and people focused to a highly functional team
What You Need to be Successful
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or equivalent scientific and engineering discipline
• Experience in overseeing software development teams in projects
• Able to write and review project proposals and give constructive feedback and critique
• Proven experience in delivering successful multi-year application projects
• Able to engage customers and able to communicate project status and proposals
• Project management experience with Agile and other methodologies
• Willing to travel domestically approx. 5%-10 %
• This position requires ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
How You Can Stand Out
• Seven or more years of experience in a technical or engineering role with increasing tasks and duties
• In depth knowledge of cloud platforms and front-end visualization frameworks
• Able to work with external contractors and objectively evaluate progress
• Ability to obtain Top Secret or SCI clearance
Valid through: 6/29/2021
$100K — $150K *
$100K — $150K *
2 days ago