Qualifications: O&R Control Center Operations is seeking to hire a Section Manager to join its Critical Infrastructure Protection team. This position requires candidates to demonstrate in the application they possess the following required skills and ability:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required with 8years of related work experience OR a Master’s Degree with 6 years of related work experience.
- Degree in ElectricalEngineering, Information Technology Systems, Computer Science, or Information Technology System Security is preferred.
- Professional certification in Cyber Security is preferred.
- Related work experience includes any of the following areas: electric power system operations, IT and/or energy management systems.
- Minimum of 3 years of prior supervisory and/or project management experience is preferred.
- Prior experience working with audits of utility operations and/or IT systems is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of the regulatory structure of FERC, NERC, NPCC, RF is preferred.
- Maintain a complete understanding of present NERC CIP standard requirements, measures and compliance reporting, quickly develop working knowledge of future revisions, and be the SME on these standards for O&R.
- Demonstrated ability to lead initiatives across various organizations and in cross-functional teams, and communicate effectively with executives, peers and subordinates strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills are required.
- Fundamental knowledge of data networking is required.
- Familiarity with common client/server and typical Energy Management System applications a plus.
- A working knowledge of AIX/LINUX operating systems, security and system logging, Microsoft Active Directory as well as MS Office Suite products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Project) is strongly preferred.
- Should have knowledge of cybersecurity protections including security patching, antivirus, account management, firewall protections, and intrusion systems (IDS/IPS).
- Demonstrated leadership ability and proven track record of achieving sustainable results in managing IT projects and/or technology system implementation strongly preferred.
- Experience, with increasing levels of responsibility, in electric operations, engineering, or Information Technology and Security is highly preferred.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have basic knowledge and understanding of power transmission, distribution and generation principles.
Responsibilities: This position is the senior technical position responsible for the on-going development and maintenance of Information Security Policy to meet the business unit’s cyber security and cyber compliance missions and objectives. The Section Manager is responsible to:
- Plan, design and implement, in conjunction with other key stakeholders, the cybersecurity program and technical architecture to implement the associated policies.
- Plan, develop and implement the program’s processes and technical controls to mitigate threats that could attack, damage, or gain unauthorized access to networks, facilities, data or programs.
- Plan, implement, and maintain High Value Network (HVN) applications and systems used by the Energy Control Center (ECC) and Alternate Control Center (ACC).
- Plan, implement and maintain the Company's cybersecurity program as it relates to North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) CIP.
Is dedicated to enhancing the Customer Experience, both within the Company and externally and demonstrates a commitment to the ideal of developing a proactive, customer-centric culture to foster trust and confidence among customers and improve value for all our stakeholders. Responsible for direct supervision of O&R’s Critical Infrastructure Protection Program including evaluating the performance of direct reports and taking action to develop individual and group performance indicators. Ensure that all the CIP requirements are met, as and when mandated, through the continuing development, revision, recommendation and implementation of operational strategies, budgets, technologies and required policies and procedures to meet NERC CIP requirements applicable to O&R assets and respond to real-time, specific, actionable threat information. Responsible for sustaining compliance with new and developing versions of CIP Standards through review, analysis and/or providing appropriate recommendations in the NERC standards development stakeholder process.
Provide ongoing technical entity-specific risk analysis as well as assessment and recommendation for mitigation for the protection of applicable infrastructure. Risk analysis must provide the ability to identify, assess, monitor and respond to cybersecurity-related risks and provide the organization with the information needed to make risk-based decisions. Approach must consider safety and reliability, privacy and data integrity, business continuity and reputation management. Responsible for direct supervision and administrative support of the O&R ECC and ACC High Value Networks software and hardware utilized in support of the CIP Standards. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, patching, antivirus, domain administration, networking, and hardware support, and including ensuring compliance with the BPU cybersecurity order and similar cybersecurity regulatory and/or corporate requirements. Interface with designated organizations and departments at O&R and CECONY, with service vendors and contractors, and with appropriate regulatory bodies to achieve sustainable compliance with all CIP Standards requirements to secure the identified cyber assets and systems from threats that could attack, damage, or gain unauthorized access to networks, facilities, data or programs.
Interface with and participates in various working groups and committees as necessary. (e.g. Corporate cybersecurity team, DOE, NERC, NPCC, RF, PJM and NYISO sub-committees). Conduct reviews, audits, tests and drills, as appropriate, of CIP compliance activities, processes and documented guidance in order to monitor and report on status of compliance. In accordance with O&R’s established policies as well as the applicable CIP requirements, grant, change or revoke physical and/or electronic access to the Control Centers and BES Cyber Systems and critical cyber assets. Maintains expert knowledge of new and emerging cybersecuritytechnology and plan for related technology implementations several years in the future. Acquire in-depth knowledge of new and emerging cybersecuritytechnologies and plan for technology implementation into the future. Perform other related assignments, as required.
Physical Requirements:This position requires candidates to demonstrate in the application they possess the following required skills and ability:
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to participate in the Company’s emergency management processes and storm plans as required.
- Candidate must be able to pass a Personnel Risk Assessment which includes training and a seven-year criminal background check prior to hiring.
- Must be willing and available to be on call, work off-shifts, weekends, holidays and overtime, as operating and system conditions required.
- Must have means, and ability to travel to various Company locations and to other companies, if required.
- Must be available to travel out-of-town for regulatory meetings and conferences within the US and Canada.
Job Code: 18-0116