SecOps Presales Engineer
Location: remote role in TOLA
Desired Product Knowledge: SIEM, SOAR, UEBA
Who We Are
Micro Focus is one of the world’s largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. We combine pragmatism, discipline, and customer-centric innovation to deliver trusted, proven solutions that customers need in order to succeed in today’s rapidly evolving marketplace. That’s high tech without the drama.
In this new role, you will be the technical expert in the sales process to drive the sale and adoption of the Security Operations product.
You will be part of a newly formed team that brings Security Operations products into new and existing customers in our large commercial accounts. You will have a strong understanding of how Security Operations fits into the overall business & technical picture.
We are seeking a talented individual that has a deep understanding of Security Operations and has a strong understanding of how companies manage their Security Operations and how they deploy technologies. You will be an idea-generator and influencer and will build relationships with high-level technical leaders.
- Provide Sales Engineering/Architecture support to new and existing customers as key member of the field sales team.
- Liaise with C-level executives, Business & Technical leaders (e. g. CISOs, CIOs, Chief Data Officers, Architects, DBAs, etc.) during pre-sales engagements.
- Manage the successful design, execution, and presentation of results for highly technical POCs
- Convey solutions, customer stories, and architecture vision using excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Assist in the responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Provide feedback internally to enhance the product, processes, solutions and knowledge base including authoring papers and creating technical materials as needed
- Build authentic relationships with prospects, customers, partners, and the internal team
- Work with partners including global systems integrators as a mentor and subject matter expert advisor
- Consistently documenting and updating Salesforce CRM (as required) throughout the engagement process with prospects, customers, and partners
Education and Experience Required:
- Technical Bachelor's degree preferred
- Typically 10+ years of experience in technical consultative selling and account management
- Experience in encryption and key management principles and technologies
- Experience with Security Operations
- Proven Sales Engineering experience working with a team to close enterprise accounts and help drive customer success
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Displays excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Exceptionally strong presentation and technical evangelizing skills
- Has an excellent grasp of enterprise integration challenges
- Appropriately tailors communications to varying levels of customer management
- Active listener who builds trust in gathering information regarding customer needs, environmental requirements, architecture, and key drivers
- Leverages strong understanding of the competition - both positioning strategy and technology - to create competitive advantage solutions.
- At its heart, Hybrid IT is about letting customers choose what is right for them, without the need to compromise. Our job is to help them, and to enable that hybrid model to bridge the old and the new to maximize the value of existing investments.
Micro Focus is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, citizenship or any other legally protected status