Growing print/graphics manufacturer is looking for a 2nd shift Production Manager. Hours will vary, but typically 2pm to 12 midnight. Work a 4/10 hours shifts per week.
Responsible for ensuring departmental daily goals are met and aligned with Corporate objectives.
- Plan, direct, and schedule hourly employees
- Responsible for maintaining shift schedules, quality standards, efficient and safe utilization of machinery and equipment
- Ensure MRP is updated accurately daily with correct inventory and production data
- Initiate corrective actions for any delays, equipment failures, and substandard yields
- Maintain communication across departments with other supervisors to ensure an efficient and productive environment is maintained
- Ensure all operations are performed in a safe environment
- Responsible for ensuring that the employees follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Work Instructions (WI)
- Ensure that jobs are completed on time
- Ensure that all shipping and receiving requirements are met
- Ensure Quality Management System (QMS) is correctly in place and all production staff are trained
- Ensure facility and equipment maintenance program is properly maintained
- Attending weekly and monthly scheduled meetings
At least 5+ years of production management experience in the print/graphics industry. Needs to understand how equipment works (binding, presses, etc)
Highly prefer a bachelors degree
Needs to be a people person, enjoys mentoring and training employees
Strong interpersonal and team building skills
Good communication (written and oral) skills
Creative and able to think outside the box
Solid leadership skills.