The SEC Reporting Manager will be directly responsible for managing the preparation of our SEC filings, including the 10-Qs, S-3’s, S-8’s and 10-Ks, and coordination with our external and internal legal team with respect to the Proxy Statement and miscellaneous filings. This position will also be responsible for preparing new technical accounting memos, as well as documentation of our internal control processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the financial SEC reporting process
- Write the financial and accounting sections of the SEC Forms 10-K, 10-Q, S-3’s, S-8’s, 8-K’s and proxy
- Coordinate with the internal team for the completion of the non-financial sections of the SEC reports
- Coordinate with external auditors, in-house general counsel, outside legal counsel, accounting, and executive management
- Manage the XBRL tagging process and review of the Forms 10-K and 10-Q’s
- Responsible for filing all Forms with SEC, including registration statements
- Research and document complicated GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Document application of accounting pronouncements, which may include pro-forma implementation
- Assist in writing and reviewing accounting policies and procedures
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly journal entries related to complex and/or unusual accounting transactions (e.g., collaboration agreements, stock compensation, etc.)
- Support quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Prepare and analyze debt compliance reports
- Update, maintain or develop new Sarbanes-Oxley 404 documentation
- Coordinate and manage Sarbanes-Oxley 404 testing by our external and internal auditors
- Assist with preparation of annual budget and forecasts, as well as our long-term strategic plans
- Assist with preparation of management, audit committee and board reports
- Review clinical and R&D invoices for reasonableness
- Assist with special projects as needed
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- CPA with at least 7 years of progressive experience with heavy exposure to SEC and financial reporting
- Excellent knowledge of US GAAP and SEC rules and regulations is required combined with the ability to research and propose company positions on complex accounting issues
- Effective communication across all levels of the organization, from board members to clerical staff
- Willingness to learn new tasks and ability to cope in a changing environment
- Experience in reviewing XBRL tags for the SEC reports
- Proficient in PC and software including Excel and Word
- Knowledge of SAP accounting software a plus
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk; sit; talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some travel may be required.
Rigel Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by the law.