Mechanical Technology, Inc (MTI) has sixty years of experience in the Albany, NY area, developing and manufacturing energy efficient rotating machinery and instrumentation. We have a rich history of technological breakthroughs, including gas-lubricated bearings, steam turbines, high-efficiency engines and fuel cells for industrial equipment and hand-held devices. Recently, we have expanded into electric vehicle battery measurement technologies. Our business (EcoChain) has recently expanded into high tech industries including cryptocurrency mining. EcoChain is developing a network of cryptocurrency mining operations powered by 100% Renewable Energy. EcoChain transforms underutilized green power to create a sustainable future for the next generation of financial infrastructure. MTI has demonstrated time and time again, that forming partnerships and generating innovation is part of its DNA.
Are you looking for a dynamic environment where your hard work will give you exposure and responsibility in an emerging industry? Are you highly organized when in a high level of intensity? Do you take immense satisfaction in completing high level functions and projects within deadlines? Does the hustle and bustle of NYC Financial District interest you? If so, come grow with us!
We are looking for a SEC Reporting Manager who will support the review and preparation of quarterly and annual SEC financial reporting to include Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, and earnings releases.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with SOX, SEC and other local standards and requirements.
- Preparation and review of external financial statements, footnotes and MD&A for SEC reports including Forms 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, in compliance with GAAP and SEC rules and regulations.
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of all required SEC financial statements and other SEC filings.
- Assistance with quarterly and annual earnings release, investor decks, audit materials and other internal and external communications as appropriate.
- Assistance in the preparation of other financial statements for various reporting obligations.
- Assistance coordinating financial-related external audits, including the integrated audit of financial statements, joint venture audits etc.
- Ensure timely and accurate recording of financial transactions in accordance with GAAP and company policies.
- Coordinate with external auditors and serve as a key contact in the annual audit process.
- Manage supporting documentation(s) from various parts of the company to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Collaborate with departments and managers regarding the reporting processes and information required for proper and timely disclosures.
- Maintain an awareness of company products, services, and the related regulatory environment to effectively manage and comply with all regulatory reporting requirements and disclosures.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding and analysis of significant transactions to assess their impact for SEC disclosure purposes.
- Work cross-functionally with other groups to foresee potential accounting issues and recommend practical solutions associated with business transactions.
- Assist in the preparation and review of accounting policies and procedures.
- Participate in discussions with business teams to assess the accounting treatment of new, emerging, or changing business activities in the US and internationally.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field, advanced degree preferred.
- CPA required.
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience.
- SEC reporting experience with a publicly traded company.
- Audit and PCAOB experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC accounting and reporting requirements.
- Thorough understanding of the SEC Reporting process and timeline.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Dynamic interpersonal skills and the ability to translate complex financial metrics to diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Superior communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task effectively.
- Excellent follow-through.
- Must be driven and self-motivated.
- Must possess the highest ethical standards and a commitment to work quality.
Mechanical Technology, Inc (MTI) offers a comprehensive Benefits package with generous PTO and a competitive Salary.
We are willing to fully relocate the right candidate!
Mechanical Technology, Inc (MTI) is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.