As Google drives toward audacious goals, we rely on our Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Reporting and Technical Accounting team to know exactly what that growth looks like. Through your relationships with various internal sources, you'll gather financial information and oversee the process of preparing, reviewing, submitting and distributing the financialreports. You will also provide analysis and review of various internal and external reports. You'll provide expert advice to senior management on US GAAP and SEC filings, and work closely with the Investor Relations team on earnings press releases and reports that reach securities analysts, investors and industry groups globally.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financialprocesses, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Prepare and review cash flow statements.
- Prepare and review SEC filings (10-Qs, 10-Ks, etc.) including XBRL (eXtensible Business Reporting Language) tagging.
- Prepare and review quarterly earnings release and other earnings related documents.
- Conduct accounting research, draft accounting memos, and assist with other ad hoc projects as needed.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of relevant experience with public accounting and/or public multinational technology companies.
- Understanding of US GAAP accounting principles, with a knowledge of SEC reporting and experience with 10Q/10K filings.
- Understanding of Oracle or other large ERP systems.
- Effective interpersonal skills, attention to detail, organized and thorough with a focus on continuous improvement
- Demonstrated analytical, communication and project-management skills.