Our client is a global leader in the manufacture and design of essential products to diverse companies and continue to thrive and lead a competitive marketplace. They have a need for an SEC Reporting Manager to assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual SEC reporting including coordination with other departments, developing and maintaining timelines, technical accounting research and application of new accounting pronouncements, compliance with SOX policies and procedures as well as other projects.
Essential daily duties will include:-
- Preparation and review of all SEC financial reports including Form 10-K and 10-Q, including XBRL and support of registration statements and offering memorandums, as needed
- Preparation of schedules for SEC reporting and the external audit and review of peer schedules
- Assist in the preparation and review of Earnings Releases and earnings call materials as well as review of external financial communications including news releases and investor presentations
- Technical accounting research and technical memo writing for internal use as well as for external auditors
- Planning and implementing new accounting pronouncements as well as providing guidance to the Company on existing standards including coordination with segment and corporate accounting personnel.
- Assist in the performance of goodwill and other impairment testing
- Assisting in purchase accounting activities for acquisitions
- Assist with the preparation or guidance of non-routine accounting entries such as: purchase price accounting, restructuring charges, capital contributions, pension accounting, bond offerings and buy-backs, derivatives and interest rate swap terminations, equity compensation accounting, derivative accounting and fair value accounting Projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA required (active)
- MBA is a plus
- 5 to 7+ years of relevant work experience – public accounting experience required. Desired experience to consist of public accounting, at a manager level or above plus subsequent post audit SEC reporting experience for 2+ years preferred.
- Strong understanding of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Experience with the preparation of financial statements, footnotes, MD&A, Form 10-Q and Form 10-K.
- Energetic self-starter who is proactive and can manage tasks to completion
- Strong analytical and reconciliation skills, as well as exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent PC skills – primarily Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work overtime during busy periods (i.e. like month, quarter, year-end and special projects)
- Hyperion Essbase/Excel Add-In experience is a plus