Make Your Mark. Go beyond the numbers, do something different by developing rapport with clients and making a difference. Whether you intend to specialize or would rather gain exposure across many service lines, you won't be limited at Plante Moran. We'll encourage you to explore diverse opportunities to find your focus and thrive in your chosen career.
The Plante & Moran Professional Standards Team (National Office) is in need of an experienced individual to provide valuable technical support to the SEC/PCAOB practice. The position, SEC/PCAOB Technical Manager, will have the opportunity to work on projects related to monitoring professional standards, new standards implementation, and developing guidance and training.
- Monitor and analyze emerging regulatory and professional requirements
- Develop technical guidance and tools and share best practice insights and information
- Collaborate with firm-wide audit methodology team to ensure PCAOB audit standards are considered in development of templates, tools, and guidance
- Assist with development and implementation of technical training plan and lead the development of technical training programs
- Develop external thought leadership
- Participate in consultations with engagement teams on accounting and auditing matters
- Develop the technical and project management skills of less experienced technical and engagement team members
- Assist with proactive management of PCAOB/SEC compliance matters including partner rotation, PCAOB inspection preparation, internal inspection, independence, and reporting (Form 2, Form 3, Form AP, etc.)
- Represent Plante & Moran in interactions with regulatory and external professional bodies
- Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree
- CPA with demonstrated success in resolving complex accounting and auditing issues
- Minimum of 7 years of audit and/or technical support experience in regional or national audit firms working on public commercial entities
- Expertise in PCAOB auditing standards and SEC financial reporting
- Excellent client service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience in liaising with regulators and other professional bodies is preferred.