SEC Financial Reporting Manager - Upstream Oil and Gas
Responsible ensuring preparation of timely, accurate and complete consolidated financial statements, including 10-Q/Ks. Responsible for reviewing entries involving a high degree of subjectivity or associated with complex issues.
Responsible to keeping abreast of updates to US GAAP and SEC Regulations.
· Preparation and review of consolidated financial statements and consolidating journal entries.
· Preparation and review of monthly internal reporting package.
· Preparation and review of all quarterly and annual SEC filings in accordance with US GAAP, including the preparation of financial statements, MD&A, footnotes, footnote support and XBRL.
· Independently compile the information necessary to prepare disclosures required for SEC reporting, including SX disclosures required for E&P companies.
· Prepare SEC Reporting and US GAAP Disclosure checklists.
· Create and maintain an SEC Reporting calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence for the following processes: financial close, Board of Director package, press release and 10-Q/K.
· Responsible for acquisition accounting and purchase price allocation calculation.
· Analyze intercompany transactions.
· Implement, maintain and revise SOX controls as needed.
· Continually assess close schedule and processes; modify if and when possible to reduce timing to close the financial period.
· Monitor and ensure timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance. Prepare technical memos summarizing effects of accounting and reporting updates on financialreporting. Provide guidance for implementation of new accounting procedures.
· Coordinate with other departments for preparation of disclosures assigned to their areas.
· Function as liaison with management, other departments, and outside auditors.
Education & Experience
· 8+ years upstream Oil & Gas Accounting, including public accounting experiencerequired.
· SEC/financialreporting experiencerequired.
· Advanced knowledge of US GAAP and SEC Rules and Regulations.
· Advanced knowledge of finance, accounting, and reporting principles.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required. CPA or active pursuit of CPA certification required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
· Demonstrated ability to work with various levels of professionals inside and outside organization.
· Demonstrated high level of flexibility, adaptability, and multi-tasking to meet deadlines.
· Must be self-motivated and work with minimal supervision.
· Excellent analytical skills. Detail oriented.
· Strong Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Access skills.