DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
The strategy behind the game.
The successful candidate will have significant experience with SEC, NASDAQ and NV requirements, as well as filings, governance and board matters, and a willingness to expand into other substantive areas to support business needs. This position will report to the Vice President & Associate General Counsel.
What you’ll do as an SEC Attorney:
- Assist in preparation of 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, Proxy Statements, Section 16 Reports, and other SEC-related documents.
- Work closely with senior leadership and investor relations regarding disclosure matters and NASDAQ, SEC and participate in disclosure committee meetings.
- Assist with public company communications, including press releases and investor presentations.
- Assist with administering the Insider Trading Policy, 10b5-1 plans, and related employee and director equity matters.
- Support public company secretarial function, including assisting with the preparation of Board and committee materials.
What skills you will use:
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant SEC reporting and securities law compliance experience is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of of AM100 law firm, public company, experience is required.
- A Juris Doctorate is required.
- Being an active member, and in good standing with the Massachusetts Bar, or ability to be admitted as in-house counsel in Massachusetts is required.
- Highly organized and ability to work both independently and as a member of a team is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail, good business judgment and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time is required.