Develops accounting policy positions; provides accounting and financial reporting advice and support to Accounting, Finance, and other Functional Groups; serves as a strategic partner to Operating Functions; assists with the filing of quarterly and yearly filings. Extensive interface with Internal and External Audit teams, IR, Legal, and key members of management.
- Addresses accounting policy matters, authors related memos and provides guidance regarding application of accounting standards.
- Assists with the preparation of all regulatory filings (10-Qs; 10-Ks, 8-Ks)
- Performs lease contract analysis and recommendations, coordinates and liaises with internal stakeholders to ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements
- Conduct more complex month-end close procedures, specifically as they relate to new accounting developments, including performing or supervising the completion of journal entries required.
- Works with management to provide business, financial, and accounting leadership during the process of identifying, evaluating, and accounting for new accounting standards.
- Identifies internal control weaknesses or deficiencies and develops procedures to remediate accordingly.
- Maintains evidence of controls performed and assists in the SOX testing process in more complex areas.
- Partners with business development management in developing plans/budgets and in periodically evaluating performance of the department and completed transactions.
- Plays an integral role in conducting due diligence before a deal is consummated or a contract is signed.
- Provides strategic support to the operating Divisions.
- Drives process improvement with operating division and other support groups
- Assists in planning, providing business and financial direction to, and reviewing business development targets and projects.
- Conducts financial analysis and interprets and evaluates key metrics of other third party acquisition transactions, and compares against Noble’s historical or anticipated transactions.
- Oversees preparation and presentation of periodic capital review reports for department and Business Unit management to estimate economic performance of capital programs using IROR models
- Conducts post-mortem reviews of project AFEs to learn lessons and improve future performance.
- Plays a key role in integrating the business and financial organization, processes and systems of the acquired target with Noble.
- Typically requires Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Typically requires 8 years of business financial analysis and leadership.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred
- 3 years commercial finance / M&A finance experience, preferably in the oil and gas industry