This position is to be part of the team that develops and integrates electrical systems into seats on all Boeing commercial airplane models.
- Works with customer airlines and suppliers to develop and document electronic and electrical system requirements for seats.
- Analyzes and translates requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Integrates the electrical systems into the seats and the airplane. Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems concerning fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
- Travels domestically and internationally to supplier and customer locations to support the seat electrical programs.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
- Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience.
- ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering preferred.
- Experience with Boeing production and engineering releaseprocesses, knowledge and experienceworking with Seats, In-Flight Entertainment systems or other related components.
- Must possess good organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Must have demonstrated a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing assigned work with a history of meeting commitments.
- Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events.
- Willingness to travel at least 10% of the time.
- Highly motivated and must work well in a team environment.
- The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry is required.
- 3+ more year of design engineering experience is required.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.