Primary is a vertically integrated ecommerce brand that is changing how parents shop for kids clothes. We have our sights set on transforming the $30B kids clothing industry in the U.S. We are venture-backed, and building a team of superstars with significant experience across ecommerce, apparel, and technology. We launched mid-2015 to overwhelming press and customer response (82 NPS score), and are on our way to building an break-through brand that can be part of millions of people’s lives. Our founders (both women!) were previously senior executives at Quidsi, the ecommerce company behind Diapers.com, which was acquired by Amazon for $545M.
We are looking for a Search Marketing Manager to help us scale and transform our paid and organic search marketing efforts, and help Primary realize exciting revenue results.
This is a new position at Primary, and represents the growing contribution of these channels, and our aggressive goals for them as we continue to grow.
The Search Marketing Manager will be counted on to lead paid and organic search initiatives, including Google and Bing text-based search, Google Shopping, Organic search strategy, YouTube paid and organic strategy, organic Search Engine Optimization, and more.
We are looking for someone who is interested in helping to build an early stage ecommerce brand in the kids’ apparel space. You should be highly detail oriented, and have a strong balance of analytical skills and creativity, and be comfortable “owning” your channels. Agency experience is preferred but not mandatory.
Here’s some of the things you may be doing at typical day at Primary:
- Checking in on the performance of Paid Search / Shopping campaigns from the previous days within the Google AdWords and Bing Ads interfaces, making bid adjustments, adding negative terms, etc. as needed.
- Work with the creative and UX team to incorporate key SEO considerations into the development of a new site experience
- Write optimized product description text for our Google Product Feed for a newly-launched product, and perform keyword research to assess the value of launching a dedicated Paid Search campaign or ad group in support of it
- Attend a meeting to help key marketing, creative, and leadership team members understand and focus on key revenue opportunities over the coming weeks
- Leverage Google Analytics to understand recent site trends and if they represent any opportunities
- Work with in-house PR head to provide optimized landing page and link anchor text for a recent influencer blog post
- Work with internal tech team to ensure newly created content is included in our XML sitemap
The Specifics; Some of what you would be doing at Primary:
- Management and optimization of text-based search ads on Google and Bing ad networks
- Management and optimization of Google Shopping
- Management of Organic Search programs, including on-site and off-site considerations
- Contributing to overall success of performance marketing team
You must have:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 4-6 years of work experience
- Robust understanding of the Google AdWords ad platform; ideally with experience managing campaigns in support of direct response objectives
- Proven experience managing SEO campaigns to improve the volume of referral traffic from organic search channels
- Expert in Google Analytics
- Strong proficiency with numbers and working in excel
- General curiosity and excitement to solve problems
- Very strong attention to detail
Nice to haves:
- Experience with paid social
- Experience with SQL
- Experience in structured data markup and rich snippets
- Experience with SEO for single-page applications (SPAs)
- Experience with Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
- Working experience with Google Tag Manager, or other tag management tool
If you fit this description and are interested in joining our powerhouse team, we would love to hear from you!