Freeport-McMoRan is a premier U.S.-based natural resources company with headquarters in Phoenix, Arizona. We operate large, long-lived, geographically diverse assets with significant proven and probable reserves of copper, gold and molybdenum. The company has a dynamicportfolio of operating, expansion and growth projects in the copper industry. Freeport-McMoRan is the world’s largest publiclytraded copper producer, the world’s largest producer of molybdenum and a significant gold producer. We have a long and successful history of conducting our business in a safe, highly efficient and socially-responsible manner. We have the assets, the talent, the drive and thefinancial strength to provide attractive and rewarding careers for our employees. We encourage you to take some time to explore your career opportunities at Freeport-McMoRan. Provide architecting and project management functions for application platforms and serve as a liaison with the business to define requirements and translate them into system solutions. Analyze existing and/or proposed systems, implement, integrate, monitor and optimize appropriate strategies,processes, systems and methodologies tosupportbusiness operations, corporate objectives and initiatives. Identify opportunities in the following areas: information systems, business process redesign, and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degreeand three (3) years of experience in an Information Services, Process Technology field
- Experience supporting networkinfrastructure (Cisco)
- Experience with industrial automation and controls
- Knowledge of Cyber Security tools
- Working experience with Hyperconverged Systems (Nutanix)
- Strong working knowledge and experience developing processes and procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and/or architectural documents
- Experience mentoring and training team members and peers
- LAN administration experience to include virtual infrastructure, servers, and workstations
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written work and safety-related instructions and procedures given in English
- Ability to communicate in English with respect to job assignments, job procedures, and applicable safety standards
- Must be able to work in a potentially stressful environment
- Position is based in a busy, non-smoking office located in Phoenix, AZ; although regular travel to all mine and plant operating locations (including South America and Indonesia) is expected
- Visits to mine and plant settings may include exposure to extremes in temperature and humidity, moving mechanical parts, risk of electrical shock, toxic chemicals, explosives, fumes or airborne particles.
- Must be able to frequently sit, stand and walk
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to ten (10) pounds
- Project demands will dictate varied work hours
- Personal protective equipment is required when performing work in a mine, outdoor, or manufacturing plant environment, including hard hat, hearing protection, safety glasses, safety footwear, and as needed, respirator, rubber steel-toe boots, protective clothing, gloves and any other protective equipment as required
- Freeport-McMoRan promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing as per applicable State Laws
Freeport-McMoRan has reviewed the jobs at its various office and operating sites and determined that many of these jobs require employees to perform essential job functions that pose a directthreatto the safety or health of the employees performing these tasks or others. Accordingly, the company has designated the following positions as safety-sensitive:
- Site-based positions, or positions which require unescorted access to site-based operational areas, which are held by employees who are required to receive MSHA, OSHA, DOT, HAZWOPER and/or Hazard Recognition Training; or
- Positions which are held by employees who operate equipment, machinery or motor vehicles in furtherance of performing the essential functions of their job duties, including operating motor vehicles while on company business or travel (for this purpose “motor vehicles” includes company owned or leased motor vehicles and personal motor vehicles used by employees in furtherance of company business or while on company travel); or
- Positions which Freeport-McMoRan has designated as safety sensitive positions in the applicable job or position description and which upon further review continue to be designated as safety-sensitive based on an individualized assessment of the actual duties performed by a specifically identified employee.