This position is responsible for the development, delivery and sustainability of all areas of a world class recruitment and onboarding program for the Tellico facility. This role will develop local and national recruiting plans, employing traditional sourcing strategies and resources as well as developing new, creative recruiting ideas that attract and retain the best talent. In addition, this role will lead the communication plan for the Tellico facility.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, implement and manage a direct hire staffing strategy for the facility that attracts and retains top talent within each specialized role. Establish success metrics for the staffing strategy.
- Develop, implement and manage a world class onboarding program that is consistent and sustainability that provides each new hire with all the information needed to be successful.
- Development and Implementation of a facility wide Communication Plan that provides consistent, sustainable communications to the organization
- Manage contingent workforce vendor to ensure staffing requirements are achieved within established time to fill guidelines.
- Network through social media, industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups and employees to identify candidates.
- Coordinate and implement recruiting initiatives with local technical schools, trade schools and high schools.
- Lead the creation of a recruiting and interviewing plan for each open position to ensure consistency within the hiring teams.
- Develop a pool of candidates in advance of the need that provides minimal disruption to the business and maintain regular contact with the group of future candidates. Develop/Utilize candidate screening tools (Psychometric Assessments) to ensure cultural compatibility and organizational fit.
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers and employees to determine the effectiveness of recruiting and onboarding, utilizing the Hourly Assessment Tool and PMP processes)
- Identify and utilize all avenues for recruitment, which include, but are not limited to, internet, newspaper, radio, local job boards.
- Develop forms and processes to streamline work flow.
- Manage the hourly job posting and bid process to ensure timeliness, consistency and effective selection of candidates for openings.
- Assists the HR Manager in the management and execution of the facility hourly training system.
- Leads special projects to support business growth and initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year College or University in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Business or acceptable equivalent preferred. PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years of recruiting, onboarding and training experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Strong communication skills, including written, oral, listening and presentation/facilitation to both small and large groups.
- Effective leadership and management skills to motivate employees, build relationships and drive initiatives throughout the facility.
- Ability to work as an effective team player.
- Provide effective associate communications through a variety of methods.
- Ability to work with confidential information and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Must be flexible to work extended hours to support the requirements of the business. Willingness to accept growth opportunities in support of career advancement and development.