At Sea Ray, our mission is to empower every boater to “Launch into Living,” through impeccably crafted boats that continually raise the bar for comfort, performance, luxury and style; and through a strong community of ongoing support and camaraderie. Sea Ray is considered the industry leader in fiberglass boats, and we have maintained that position for nearly 60 years. Over the years, our employees have contributed ideas to help us design and manufacture the most thrilling sport boats, the most inviting cruisers, and the most sophisticated yachts. We value everyone’s contributions at Sea Ray, and no matter where you start, there is always a great opportunity to help shape the direction the company will take for the next 60 years.
Must be a forward thinking strategic leader with the agility to move effortlessly between tactical and strategic focus. Responsible for Customer Satisfaction, protecting Brand Value, implementing robust quality systems, and streamlining processes. Quality Management System responsibility includes Hardcopies, Product and Process Inspections, Warranty, Customer Feedback, Compliance, Corrective and Preventive Actions. Achieves quality assurance operational objectives by contributing information and analysis to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; identifying and resolving problems; completing audits; determining system improvements; and implementing change. Embraces team work and collaboration and coordinates activities with production and support departments.
What you will be doing in the job:
- Fosters a safety culture as the highest priority, driving to zero accidents and injuries. Corrects unsafe conditions with the highest sense of urgency.
- Implements a robust strategic planning process that helps to determine the best approach to meet customer needs.
- Drives a quality-oriented culture that values accuracy, compliance with applicable standards, and high customer satisfaction. Such a culture orients itself toward customer needs and takes responsibility for possible mistakes, focuses on avoiding them in the future and strives for continuous improvement.
- Evaluates market/customer, industry structure and dynamics, technology, and company capability to exploit opportunities, create competitive advantage, and mitigate risks. Drives processes and systems to ensure the highest quality product, free from defects.
- Prevents poor quality from leaving plant. Has line stop and shipment stop authority.
- Accountable for total product quality and ensures employees are trained to complete tasks per quality standards. Measures performance, drives continuous improvement, and corrects quality issues with a high sense of urgency.
- Drives and executes closed-loop corrective action for customer quality issues, including containment and root cause determination for dealer and customer concerns.
- Manages Accessory Order process and optimizes for maximum service levels and profitability
- Actively participates and drives improvement in all facets of plant operations to include new model integration, production, planning, and staff meetings
- Ensures adherence to ABYC and NMMA standards
- Works with engineering to develop supplemental work instructions, workmanship standards and process documents necessary to support new product training and quality objectives
- Supports all boat operations to include water deliveries, boat transport to and from paint, dealer training, and boat shows
- Assists and coaches the manufacturing organization in the implementation and use of quality improvement tools.
- Leverage data analytics to make strategic and tactical business decisions.
What you bring to our winning team:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (ISYE, Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical) or related field of study required, MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of team leadership in a large manufacturing environment (200 population or greater) required
- Three to five years of demonstrated project management excellence (includes experience in leading cross-functional teams) and ability to work in a matrix organization
- Certification in project managementdesired.
- LeanSix Sigma certification desired, Black Beltpreferred
- Broad experience in highly disciplined quality organization desired
- Broad experience in new product launching into manufacturing desired
- Boat knowledge and experience with USCG, NMMA, and ABYC preferred.
- Experience with reading and creating technical prints, Bill of materials, and CAD software required.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite required; MS Project experience a plus.
- Ability to analyze data and present concise message to the business required.
- Strong communication skills, including written, oral, listening and presentation/facilitation to both small and large groups.
- Effective leadership and management skills to motivate employees build relationships and drive initiatives throughout the facility.
- Ability to work as an effective team player.
- Must be flexible to work extended hours and travel to support the requirements of the business.
- Outstanding analytical and statistical technical skills