We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
The Southeast Region Transportation Business Group Director will provide leadership support to our East Region Transportation Engineering practice. This practice consists of Highways/Bridges, Freight Rail, Transit, Aviation, and Maritime planning, design, and construction management services. Primary responsibilities will be to focus on regional initiatives and directives, build internal and external teams to win key projects, help make key hires, identify potential acquisitions, expand our client base to include other public jurisdictions / agencies, as well as diversify our service lines throughout the SE. Broad duties include:
- Working with area Business Group and Business Class managers, and project managers to oversee the delivery of our work.
- Position will also include management and project reviews in addition to quality oversight.
- Develop and lead business group initiatives for the region, share effective implementation of business group initiatives
- Develop, implement and maintain an effective regional business group program, including business development strategies, new business prospects, technical services, quality, production methods and standards, all within established goals and objectives of the company and business group.
- Perform other duties as needed
Keywords: SE Region Transportation Business Development Leader; #160178
Highways; Bridges; Ports & Maritime, Aviation, Transit, Rail
- Bachelors Degree in civil engineering or Master's degree in civil engineering business or related field of study is required.
- Minimum of 20 years applicable transportation industry project management and marketing experience.
- Maintains a professional or Engineering registration and has related technical experience
- Proven relationships with major transportation organizations within the Southeastern states of the US.
- Applicable registrations and association activities are required.
- Frequent travel is required (50%+).
- Committed to quality improvement and HDR values.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must.
- Demonstrated experience with leading diverse teams
- Works cooperatively with other regional business group and operation directors, area and local office managers, technical and marketing directors.
- Strong operations skills.
Experience in a regional or national transportation leadership role is preferred.