If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2400 employees of 75 nationalities, in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that are waiting for you here at SWIFT.
The IT project management team is seeking a Project Manager to manage projects related to messaging and platform
Many projects require contributions from large numbers of teams within the company, with teams contributing from Europe, so the successful candidate will have the ability to build large virtual teams working towards a common goal.
As the project manager, you will be part of a dynamic delivery environment where your project management skills will be challenged. This senior level position requires you to develop, co-ordinate and monitor project activities in a timely manner. Activities will be progressed in close collaboration with managers of various contributing teams, various representatives of operations groups, and product managers.
This is an opportunity for an energetic professional who enjoys analytical work, but can see the big picture, who can skilfully collaborate with motivated team members and various departments throughout the company, and aims to always achieve high quality results in a highly collaborative atmosphere while adhering to committed timeframes. The ability to influence application of Agile principles & practices to the project execution is also strongly desirable.
- Ensure timely delivery of complex projects in line with agreed functionality, quality, cost and performance, in compliance with company procedures and standards, thereby guaranteeing operational success of the project deliverables.
- Coordinate delivery prioritization of business requirements with stakeholders and translate those into a project plan with full involvement of the project team; monitor, maintain and report to team, customers and senior management on the project status on a continual basis and for the duration of the projects
- Make sure the project stays on track by pro-actively controlling actual status of cost, schedule, quality and resources versus plans and by taking corrective action – resolving cross-divisional conflicts
- Manage project risks, security, resources, budget and quality escalating issues/ making proposals when appropriate and managing the external customers' expectations accordingly
- Negotiate and secure optimal resource utilization (staff, infrastructure, budget, external resources) and match resource levels to project needs, especially people & infrastructure, including external resources.
- Establish stakeholder support and buy-in for selected solutions.
- Ensure readiness of staff, processes and tools to support project deliverables and to initiate and coordinate related plans and actions
- Bachelor’s degree in IT/engineering/science/MBA or equivalent qualification/experience
- Minimum 8+years of relevant IT/ Project Managementexperience within the area of IT product development and/or area of similar complexity
- Prior experience dealing with distributed teams with contributing teams located in various continents and time-zones
- Good understanding of Project Management principles
- Working experience in various methodologies including but not limited to Waterfall and Agile
- PMP and/or Scrum Master certification preferred
- Prior software development lead or project managementexperience is preferable.
Job ID 2018-4676