About the Role:PlanGrid (YC W12) is looking for an amazing Software Engineer in Test to help us build and maintain the highest quality construction app. Our users are building some of the most amazing construction projects in the world, and they use PlanGrid on a daily basis to collaborate with each other and find information that’s critical to getting their jobs done.
As a Software Engineer in Test you assist with enhancing our automation infrastructure, increasing our automation test coverage, and improving our existing automation frameworks. This includes identifying current gaps and implementing solutions to address them. You need to be familiar with testing concepts and automation tools on any mobile platform such as iOS, Android, or Windows.
You will work alongside and support developers by designing and maintaining cutting-edge automation systems to ensure we deploy code with high quality and speed.
Things you will do
- Lead the automation testing efforts on the PlanGrid platforms (Android, iOS, Windows and Web)
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of UI tests
- Work closely with developers to improve testability of our mobile applications
- Build scripts and tools to plug into our continuous integration pipeline
- Work with QA Specialist team to understand what slows them down
- Design and implement tools to assist QA in bug discovery
- Have at least 2years of automation testing experience
- Have the passion and dedication to write highly reliable code
- Team player – you love to teach others about cool new tricks you learned and absorb tips and tricks from developers; love solving problems as a team across platforms
- Located in San Francisco’s Mission District just one block from BART, among local shops, bars, and restaurants
- Clipper Cards (for public transportation) funded by PlanGrid
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and dependents
- Flexible vacation
- Construction site tours of the biggest projects in San Francisco using PlanGrid
- Volunteer time off: We encourage employees to give back to our local communities. We organize volunteer days and have worked with organizations such as Glide, SF/Marin Food Bank, Muttville, Family Dog Rescue, and Bryant Elementary School (as part of PlanGrid’s commitment with Circle the Schools).
- Dog-friendly office
- Catered lunches
- Office is wheelchair accessible
- Paid parental leave for both parents