SDET, Software Development Engineer in Test
Our client is hiring a Senior Software Developer in Test. This is a full time, benefited position in a stable, exciting, profitable, fast-growing tech company providing end-to-end wireless solutions worldwide to the utility industry. Using advanced wireless networking technologies, help utilities to create very large scale wireless mesh networks that give energy consumers more control over energy consumption.
Working in the QA department, a branch of R&D and responsible for validation of the product end to end prior to delivery for Beta testing at customer sites. The scope of QA starts with New Product Introduction, through and including Beta test support and finally General Availability to our customer base.
- Responsible for automation, test execution and test results analysis of End to End solutions developed in Java.
- Includes functional, load, stress, and performance (transaction timing) of the solution
- Head End System (HES), Network, Wide Area Network (WAN), Cellular Solutions testing
- Device testing with Communications Hubs (CH), eMeters (electric), gMeters (gas), In Home Units (IHU)'s, North American eMeters and WAN products.
- Work closely with systems engineers, firmware engineers, and software engineers
- Develop new feature support and maintain existing framework for the devices API call the Smart Energy Access Layer (SEAL)
- Create, upgrade, and maintain automation scripts
- Create manual test procedure for new features
- Automate manual test procedure
- Define tests, run scripts, and analyze results
- Performance (Application and Database – Oracle/MSSQL) and transaction timing
- Load Balance – Network System, Hardware, Firmware, Software
- Stress Testing (Network, devices, HES) keep adding load to identify system limits. Investigate where the problem is (Network, device, database, software, firmware).
- Creating and maintaining test environment used for development of tests and expansion of test bed.
- Device Configuration, System Configuration, firmware upgrades, and device setup for the solution
- Validate feature/function requirements
- Test plan and test case development of new features
- Security testing
- Requirements reviews, and test coverage
- Feature/Function reviews and test coverage
- Compile test evidence and deliver to document control
- Executing software QA test plans, collect data in the lab and publish results to the team
- Testing and characterizing new network hardware and software products before release
- Ensuring device interoperability across different product versions
- Report daily progress and attend system engineering meetings
- Core Java Development is required
- Java Selenium is required
- Familiar with Junit/TestNG, ReportNG, Git, Jira, Jenkins
- Familiar with JAXB, ActiveMQ, Hibernate, Maven, and SQL
- Multi Server testing (load balance analysis, load, stress)
- Proven track record of automating an end to end solution to automation
- Experience in performance transaction, scalability, and stress tests
- Solid knowledge and experience implementation of test methodology/techniques.
- Ability to write, review, and contribute to engineering level test documentation.
- Expanding test plans into detailed test cases for test repeatability
- Experience with wireless technologies (mesh, cellular, and network management)
- Ability to articulate to internal and external audiences in one-on-one and group situations.
- Proven ability to build test systems and detailed test scenarios
- Experience automating application installations device settings, and system configurations
- 5+ years in engineering in startup technology companies, Computer Science degree or equivalent.
- Strong in Web services automation testing using Java, REST API tool, XML, HTTPS request etc.
- Experience in Agile development strongly preferred
- Knowledge on DevOps approach, experience is plus
- Experience in SOAK automation testing
- Knowledge in Concordion, Cucumber tools, Git, Jenkins, etc.