The Nuance Dragon Connected Services team is responsible for designing, maintaining and augmenting the architecture, services, and infrastructure for current and next-generation infotainment applications offered by some of the world's largest automotive manufacturers to millions of end users every day.
We have an exciting opportunity to work within an Engineering team of product and QA developers on a major server platform and its services for several automotive partners. This team supports customer-valued initiatives, implements feature updates, and designs the technical solutions that our customers will use to grow into the next generation of Nuance products services.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the test case design, implementation and execution efforts of new and existing middleware server features. The candidate will work in collaboration with a team of QA automation developers and their Dev and PM team peers. The candidate will automate tests to an advanced level, perform manual and regression testing where needed, drive tasks and initiatives through the Agile process, and mentor junior QA peers in designing tests, script and tool strategies.
• Validate new and existing RESTful server features at the functional, web API and partner integration levels for internal and external customers.
• Write and maintain purpose-built automated workflows, perform code reviews with peers, and apply targeted manual efforts/investigations to meet practical or business requirements.
• Develop tools and instruments in collaboration with other QA team members to exercise and analyze technically complex scenarios.
• Adjacent test activities may include occasional overlap with networking, client application, infrastructure, and user interface aspects of cellular handset and vehicle client applications.
• Troubleshoot issues, write detailed stories and bugs, and work them to conclusion in an Agile team environment.
• Participate periodically during normal and scheduled off-hours in our release efforts to validate and hand over deliverables, and support our operations team in launching them on our customer environments.
• Provide feedback on documentation and ensure the product’s compliance/alignment throughout its lifecycle.
• Share team responsibilities for configuring and deploying multiple collections of QA Server environments.
• Participate in off-hours production deployments on a roughly quarterly basis with reasonably advance notice.
• Mentor junior QA peers in designing robust QA code and tooling strategies without being overly complex.
Number of Years of Work Experience: 4+ years Industry experience in Software QA automation engineering
• 4+ years of Java (or 1+ year of Java and 3+ years of C#) experience in software development and/or automation test class development
• 1+ years of Apache/Tomcat/Spring based RESTful web API experience (or equivalent 6 months in one of these plus 1+ year of Microsoft ISS C# based development)
• Ability to analyze and solve complex problems quickly and creatively, while considering the customer's perspective and business impacts in the proposed solutions
• 1+ year experience in JUnit or another similar unit test framework
• Proficiency inside Linux/Bash terminals with managing files, executing tools and editing documents
• Ability to produce effective stories and documents that enable other departments to test and deploy our solutions
• IntelliJ or Eclipse IDE
• Gradle or Maven based product compilation
• Deployments using Docker, Kubernetes, Puppet, or similar tools and frameworks
• Couchbase or similar distributed cache
• JIRA or similar Agile team workflow tools
• Advanced knowledge of Linux (installation, configuration, maintenance, networking)
• Experience with writing multi-modular scripts in Bash, Python, Ruby, Perl, Powershell
Bachelor's or Graduate University degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.