Liveperson is an expert based culture, built on the drive and passion of smart people! Our business is growing and we are looking for people like you!
LivePerson is the global leader in conversational commerce solutions and we aim to make life easier by transforming how people communicate with brands. Our 18,000 customers, including leading brands like Citibank, HSBC, Orange, Virgin Atlantic, RBS and Liberty Global, use our conversational commerce solutions to orchestrate humans and AI, at scale, and create a convenient, deeply personal relationship — a conversational relationship — with their millions of consumers.
Over the next three years, our goal is to transform the 268 billion analogue phone calls between a brand and it’s consumers to digital on the LiveEngage platform. By doing this, we enable consumers to get back time and experience a more connected relationship with the brand in which sales, service, marketing, branches, stores, and contact centre’s become a unified experience.
The successful candidate has an opportunity to join a highly outstanding team within a fast-paced and successful organisation.
In this role, you will:
- Own the design and implementation of significant portions of the product development, and serve as a leader and mentor for other engineers in their areas of work.
- Help set the features, architecture, and best practices of the team, and have significant influence on our overall strategy. A commitment to teamwork, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements.
- Create a reliable, scalable, and high performance service requiring exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems.
- Be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly about building good software as well as making software achieve its operational goals.
You should be an expert in:
- Setting a high bar throughout the software development and deployment lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations.
- Leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality systems.
- Delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- Driving OO design and implementation, with strong knowledge of web protocols, an in-depth knowledge of distributed systems architectures, and a passion for mentoring junior engineers.
- Launching web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale.
What you need for success:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 12+ years experience building successful production software systems
- Design and architecture experience, as well as sound knowledge with object oriented design patterns
- Experience working on a large scale deployments and performance tuning.
- Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
We care about you.
LivePerson works hard to create a positive employee experience. Your life outside of the office is important to us. We support our teams with great benefits, like pension plans, paid parental leave, and a competitive 28 days of paid time-off that enables our family to take the time they need to recharge.