F5 is looking for a talented and high-energy scrummaster/project manager who can help our teams harness the power of Agile practices, to deliver the next generation of advanced application services in the cloud. As a Scrummaster this role is key to helping us accelerate and develop well-functioning Agile teams by facilitating daily Scrums, backlog refinement, identification of risks and ensuring teams are communicating with each other and enabled to own their commitments. Your focus will be helping our teams deliver results in a bold and fast-paced break-out project here at F5. Success requires the ability to help the teams develop clear objectives, communicate and clear barriers and focus on delivering customer value. In this Agile Delivery position, your role as a Scrum Master, coach, and practitioner will require you to applyAgile values and principles for an organization transitioning to Agile Delivery methodologies.
This team member must be able to work with and support a team of engineering resources and managers to coordinate various technical projects. The primary role of this team member is to plan, organize, communicate and solve problems related to the assigned projects.
- Guide and coach the teams on Scrum and Agile practices consistent with team standards and helping them achieve their commitments and objectives day to day, sprint-to-sprint.
- Represent team in Scrum-of-Scrums and Release and milestone planning to ensure all teams are aligned
- Own coaching the team to improve in velocity and Sprint success.
- Establish strong working relationship with partner teams across the organization to identify dependencies and align priorities and deliverables
- Communicate status, barriers and risks to the Sr TPM and stakeholders – create and measure teams according to metrics established by the team
- Anticipate challenges, identify risks and recommend mitigations and solutions. Own and drive those solutions.
- Identify resources constraints or needs – when additional resources (HW, technical or human) are needed
- Facilitate and organize Scrum ceremonies – help the team focus on goals, self-organize to achieve objectives, and ensure they fully understand the objectives and commitments.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts with teams by implementing take-aways from retrospectives and implementing concrete solutions to make the teams more efficient and improve delivery success.
- Work with product owners and stakeholders to ensure they are well engaged with the team and part of the regular feedback loop.
- Capture, track and manage tasks, scope, schedule and budget related to the project
- Organize and conduct meetings then document decisions and actions to move project forward
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated good communication skills with global teams with an ability to communicate effectively across written, verbal and presentation formats to a variety of audiences from engineer to Executive;
- Ability to take initiative and apply critical thinking techniques to analyze problems, develop solutions or manage risk
- Knowledge and experience of using tools such as JIRA and Confluence a plus.
- Experience working in larger scale Agile environments such as SAFe a strong plus
- Experience with CI/CD deployment of cloud solutions a strong plus
- Demonstrated experience delivering complex software project and solutions on time and on budget
- Experience working cross-functionality and cross-organizationally to align dependencies and deliverables.
- Ability to lead through influence to drive forward both the team and program;
- Ability to organize and facilitate team meetings and initiatives to effectively develop plans and achieve goals;
- Ability to decompose work then document and track as tasks, create and track project status
- Ability to organize and manage meetings
- Demonstrated competence in planning, organizing and problem solving.
- Strong time and task management skill with ability to manage multiple threads of activity.
- Dedicated to meeting and delivering on business objectives.
- Able to analyze and comprehend functional specifications and technical documentation.
- Proficiency in MS Project, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Duties require the ability to utilize a computer, communicate over the telephone, and read printed material.
- Duties may require being “on call” periodically or working outside normal working hours (evenings and weekends). Some travel may be required.
- Degree in computer science or electrical engineering
- 2-5+ years’ experience working in a technology company.
- Project Management Institute CAPM certification a plus or demonstrated experience in the Project Management profession
- Certified Scrum Master or Agile certification required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus
- Experience managing a geo-dispersed project team;
- Experience working in a concurrent software development environment as part of a complex build and merge management process;
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience (2+ years with Master’s Degree) managing projects at technology-based companies or technical domains
- 2+ years of Scrum & AgileExperience