We are seeking a talented Certified Product Owner to join our exciting team in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA. This position is responsible for prioritizing the product backlog and guide the delivery of incremental software / hardware components by the development team. The product consists of a highly complex multi-level secure inter-communication systems supporting various military platforms. The team is experienced and needs a solid Product Owner to support its Agile/SCRUM transition.
We operate in a regulated industry delivering safety and mission critical software on embedded platforms, providing a unique challenge to traditional SCRUM Teams and SCRUM Team Roles.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Take lead of SCRUM team(s) as the Product Owner.
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile/SCRUM development team(s) and stakeholders throughout the project.
- Works with stakeholders and team members to support the product backlog, delivery of functionality on a sprint by sprint basis, supporting demos and coordinating between the Chief Product Owner, stakeholders and the development team.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to work through complex concepts/data and present well thought-out, simple solutions.
- Participates in Project Backlog Refinement, Daily SCRUM, Sprint Planning, Sprint review and Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product.
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories.
- Work closely with Product Management and Chief Product Owner to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI.
- Strong communication, collaboration, leadership, budgeting and time management skills.
- Lead the product/project release planning and set expectations for delivery of new functionality, potentially shippable features on a sprint by sprint basis.
- Keep abreast with Agile/SCRUM best practices and new trends.
- Operates as a full-time, on-site presence in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA.
- Act as part project manager, part product manager, and part business analyst
Preferred Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Working technical knowledge of the product (software, hardware, and firmware) development process - design, development, test, and deployment.
- 1 to 3 or more years of experience as a SCRUM Product Owner in a professional development environment, preferably working with a team developing embedded software & hardware/firmware in a regulated industry.
- 3 to 5 or more years of experience as a software/hardware or systems engineering professional.
- System Level Architecture experience a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile principles and practices.
- Understanding of basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Experience successfully delivering technical solutions on an aggressive schedule.
- Any of the following certifications are desirable:
- Certified Product Owner (CPO)
- Advanced Certified Product Owner (A-CPO)
- Certified SCRUM Professional (CSP-SM)
- Bachelor of Science or higher in any of the following fields strongly preferred:
- Electrical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Alternate degrees or other levels of education will be considered.
Compensation and Benefits:
Join us on our pursuit to excellence as a leader in the Engineering Services market and you’ll also receive competitive compensation which includes a salary, plus bonus and an attractive benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, 401(K), career development/tuition reimbursement, PTO, paid holidays, and more!