Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides cutting-edge Big Data Analytics and Discovery technology helping Fortune 1000 organizations be efficient and innovative by uncovering new opportunities to grow revenues and cut costs. From large financial services organizations to global communication services providers to healthcare providers to auto manufacturers to online gaming, the largest organizations globally are using our Big Data Analytics Platform to make sense of petabyte scale multi-structured data to better understand customer behaviors, anticipate customer needs and develop better products and solutions.
Teradata is looking for Scrum Master who are passionate in Agile, coach teams to become self-organized and high performing, ensure scrum process is followed, facilitate continuous improvement.
- Coach the team and organization to follow Agile/Scrum practices
- Coach the team to become self-organized
- Help the team assess their current 'Scrum Maturity' and move to next level
- Improve transparency within the team
- Remove team impediments or identify the right person within the organization that can help remove team impediments
- Build a safe and trusting environment where conflicts can be managed in a healthy way without fear of blame
- Be responsible for supporting and coaching the Product Managers on Agile/Scrum practice
- Facilitate to get the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
- Facilitate in discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Assist with internal and external team communication, improve transparency, and bring visibility to information radiators
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering Leadership in product backlog grooming activities
- Provide all support to the team using a servant leadership style and lead by example
Required Skills and Experience:
- First level Scrum Master certification (CSM, PSM I)
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for at least two years within a software development organization that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
- Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, SAFe etc
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills
- Second level Scrum Master certification (CSP, PSM II)
- Experience applying Agile frameworks to infrastructure related projects
- Prior experience as a team lead
• Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field
• 5+ years of relevant job experience